What Skimmer Are You Using??

kjardine519

i use a vertex in100 on a 80 gal total system volume. footprint is large but I wouldn't trade it for the world. ive been curious about running a DC pump on the skimmer

heath

Distinguished Member
reef octopus on the big tank, bubble magus curve 7 on the mixed.. both skimmers are way over rated for the tanks but, I run a huge bioload...

Luke.

Distinguished Member
E shops psk 100 gal hob ( only reason why I got it because not a bad price around 250-$300 and it has one or maybe the biggest collection cup for hob's)

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
MRC MR3, Vertex IN250, Tunze 9010 (small frag tank).....Also have a 60" venturi skimmer (custom made lifereef clone) that I am going to experiment with using a penductor based injector unit.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Royal Exclusiv Bubble King Supermarin 200 ;)

fish208.jpg

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
On my 160 gallon seahorse tank I have a very large one rated at 700 gallons with two pumps but no where on it does it say what make it is (I bought it used). I did an internet search based on the type of pumps with it and I think it is an ASM G-5 skimmer. On my baby seahorse tank system I have a Super Reef Octopus 3000 INT which pulls an insane amount of sludge out and needs cleaning every other day (severely overstocked system) and on my 75 gallon reef tank I have a Coralife 160 skimmer with a bubbler attached since the pumps always seem to stop producing the bubbles needed. I used to have the Super Reef octopus on my reef tank but had to bring my old Coralife back into service when I had the seahorse fry so that the SRO could be used to keep the fry healthy in such an overstocked system.
Of the three I am using I must say the SRO pulls out the most and appears to work the best. However, I was never able to regulate the bubbles properly so had to put a small piece of plastic wrap over the air intake hole and poke a pinhole in it. This reduced the bubbles properly so that it didn't keep overflowing and it now works like a charm. The ASM also works well but I think two pumps running all the time makes it an expensive one to run. I may try switching it to the baby seahorse tank for interest sake to see what kind of sludge it will pull out since that is my most challenged system. Hmm, I see an experiment coming up in my future...

reefjunkie86

I'm using an ati bubble blaster 250 on my 220gal. It's been great other then the odd pump replacement. I would really like to get a bubble king though. Maybe one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aprilia

SWC skimmer. driven by 3 octopus pin wheel pumps. Unsure of model number but it's a monster.
Bought used. Unsure of rating probably 18" body and collection cup diameter.stands 30" high
Pulling 1 litre of dark skim out a day.
Also looking to switch to a jebao DC pump to feed it. Anyone else use these ?
Any reviews ?

mike_kameka

Im running a coralife super skimmer 60 hob on my 30 gallon cube and once i get it set right it works great.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk