What the best RO/DI unit and were to buy ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-ROMBERG

Inactive Since Crash
INACTIVE
Looking for a ro/di unit so many brands out there not sure were to buy or what make. Looking for no more then 100 gpd.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Nice units.

I have 5 stage from bulk reef supply. Membrane flush unit on it with inline tds meter.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

spyd

Super Active Member
I agree. If you want the best unit, the Vertex is it. Comes with built in auto flush, auto shut-off and 1:1 good water to waste water which is the best ratio you will find. The BRS units are a great #2 option if you don't want to shell out the big $$$. Their waste water to good water is more like 4:1 so a lot more water going down the drain and it doesn't come with the automated auto flush and shut-off features. Easy enough to add flush valves and float valves, etc. though.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
the vertex one wasnt priced to bad.  only $319 plus tax i think i paid at milton aquarium(advanced reef aquatics)
what i save on water and the extended life of membranes it sells itself pretty quick..  plus it pumps the water up and across the room to where i want it with ease.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Everything on an RO/DI is just plastic housings and tubing, so don't break the bank.  The membrane, cartridges and resin make or break an RO/DI system. I've got an old GE system that I upgraded with smaller micron pre and post filters, a spectrapure membrane and a replaceable DI cartridge with colour changing media.  Works great, but I'm fortunate to have good water pressure here.  If your household pressure is low, you need a system with a booster pump.  I use a portable TDS meter, but again, it would be nice to have a built in 2 stage TDS monitor.  The only thing I really would like on my system would be a clear housing on my prefilter so I can see when it starts to get funky (it's white opaque now).

All that said, I've never heard any complaints about the vertex systems, that's for sure.  If I was in the market, that's likely what I would grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.