IMG_2145.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 139

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Reef aquariums is my largest hobby. I also tinker with computers and starting to hop on the drone band wagon.

But mostly between my aquariums and family I do not have a lot of extra time or money.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
I'm a gun enthusiast as well. Going to the range when I can but been very busy lately
Own the following
Walther ppx 9mm semi auto hand gun
Smith and Wesson 22 semi auto hand gun
Savage axis 223 with scope and bi pod
Mossburg tactical 12 gauge shot gun
Anschutz msr 22 rifle
I'm ready for the zombies!!!!

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I'm a gun enthusiast as well. Going to the range when I can but been very busy lately
Own the following
Anschutz msr 22 rifle
My son is all about guns. This year I took him to the range in brantford, you don't need a licence. We did the urban experience package

• AR 15 – 20 Rounds
  • VZ-58 – 10 Rounds
  • Remington 870 – 5 Slugs
  • 1911 (.45) – 10 Rounds
  • Glock 17 – 20 Rounds
  • Desert Eagle – 5 Rounds
  • .50 BMG – 2 Rounds

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Own the following
Anschutz msr 22 rifle

I need to come over to see you and Salty Cracker to have some fun.

Nicole New Lowell

Web App programming(Ruby on Rails), Honey Bees, electronic circuit design and 3d printing

3d printing sounds like fun, ever make anything for your tank ?
Do you keep honey bees or this is some fancy tech lingo I don't know about lol...
My dad kept honey bees when I was a kid for a while. My mom has MS and they were trying bee sting therapy. We collected the honey too.

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
You may regret asking this after reading this post, LOL, but here goes...I have a lot of different hobbies other than my aquariums and find it hard to choose which is my favorite. Since I was little I have been knitting and crocheting and love both. I have since taught myself to Tat (like crocheting) and have made one large doily using tatting which you can see below
Tatting-1_zpstmlstmks.jpg

I also enjoy cross stitch and Adult coloring. I have built most of the furniture in my Living room (wall unit, coffee table and end tables) and have built a sun room on the back of my house. I love working with wood and wish I had the money for some of the really nice tools out there. One of my favorite woodworking stores is Lee Valley. Since my house doesn't really need more furniture, I recently began exploring miniature dollhouse building. I have built one doll house and am now in the process of filling it up with home made furniture...
DSC00208_zpspbcxkhqg.jpg

The stained glass windows in the house were designed by myself but are created using stained glass window paint instead of real glass.

DSC00439_zpsybc1pzm1.jpg

This is a photo of the living room in the doll house. The fireplace lights up and all of the furniture and books were made by myself as well. Once I figured out how to make miniature books I decided to make a miniature "adult coloring book" last weekend. I spend many wonderful hours with a magifying glass coloring in some of the pages to make it more realistic!
Compilation%20015%20copy_zps52y9nvzw.jpg

Since I have been doing a lot of miniature things, I also decided to crochet in miniature and began crocheting with sewing thread. Here is an example of one doily I finished. Currently, I am working on a very large doily that I have designed myself with Seahorses on it. It will be made out of sewing thread and will eventually be a runner for my buffet in the dining room (which I also built).

DSC00185_zps2txz7bnc.jpg

I am also now exploring Marquetry (inlaid wood designs) and have begun making some of the furniture for the doll house with Marquetry designs incorporated into them. Soon I will be making a miniature fake seahorse aquarium for my doll house - I can't seem to get away from aquariums, or seahorses, LOL!

I, also love cacti and succulents and last year began growing some cacti from seed. It was a mixed package of seed so I have no idea what they will eventually look like but many did germinate and, along with larger cacti and succulents I purchased, now have about 40 baby cacti that are all growing well. They range from 1/2" to 1" tall at the moment.

I have always wanted to learn the art of Stained glass work and may someday take a course and learn. I was visiting a local stained glass store and she showed me a beautiful Seahorse made out of beveled glass. I would like to make a window incorporating that into it...

I always have at least 2 or 3 projects on the go at the same time so that I don't get bored doing any one thing. I think my husband sometimes cringes when I come up with yet another idea for a project I would like to do. Sometimes I feel that I have so many projects that I don't have time to work! But I need to work to get the money for the projects! So, you can see the dilemma - I work to feed my never ending need to create something and my desire to create gets in the way of work :D

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
You may regret asking this after reading this post, LOL, but here goes...I have a lot of different hobbies other than my aquariums and find it hard to choose which is my favorite. Since I was little I have been knitting and crocheting and love both. I have since taught myself to Tat (like crocheting) and have made one large doily using tatting which you can see below
Tatting-1_zpstmlstmks.jpg

I also enjoy cross stitch and Adult coloring. I have built most of the furniture in my Living room (wall unit, coffee table and end tables) and have built a sun room on the back of my house. I love working with wood and wish I had the money for some of the really nice tools out there. One of my favorite woodworking stores is Lee Valley. Since my house doesn't really need more furniture, I recently began exploring miniature dollhouse building. I have built one doll house and am now in the process of filling it up with home made furniture...
DSC00208_zpspbcxkhqg.jpg

The stained glass windows in the house were designed by myself but are created using stained glass window paint instead of real glass.

DSC00439_zpsybc1pzm1.jpg

This is a photo of the living room in the doll house. The fireplace lights up and all of the furniture and books were made by myself as well. Once I figured out how to make miniature books I decided to make a miniature "adult coloring book" last weekend. I spend many wonderful hours with a magifying glass coloring in some of the pages to make it more realistic!
Compilation%20015%20copy_zps52y9nvzw.jpg

Since I have been doing a lot of miniature things, I also decided to crochet in miniature and began crocheting with sewing thread. Here is an example of one doily I finished. Currently, I am working on a very large doily that I have designed myself with Seahorses on it. It will be made out of sewing thread and will eventually be a runner for my buffet in the dining room (which I also built).

DSC00185_zps2txz7bnc.jpg

I am also now exploring Marquetry (inlaid wood designs) and have begun making some of the furniture for the doll house with Marquetry designs incorporated into them. Soon I will be making a miniature fake seahorse aquarium for my doll house - I can't seem to get away from aquariums, or seahorses, LOL!

I, also love cacti and succulents and last year began growing some cacti from seed. It was a mixed package of seed so I have no idea what they will eventually look like but many did germinate and, along with larger cacti and succulents I purchased, now have about 40 baby cacti that are all growing well. They range from 1/2" to 1" tall at the moment.

I have always wanted to learn the art of Stained glass work and may someday take a course and learn. I was visiting a local stained glass store and she showed me a beautiful Seahorse made out of beveled glass. I would like to make a window incorporating that into it...

I always have at least 2 or 3 projects on the go at the same time so that I don't get bored doing any one thing. I think my husband sometimes cringes when I come up with yet another idea for a project I would like to do. Sometimes I feel that I have so many projects that I don't have time to work! But I need to work to get the money for the projects! So, you can see the dilemma - I work to feed my never ending need to create something and my desire to create gets in the way of work :D
You have many talents yvet and all seems like your really good at it. Keep it up looks awesome:)

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
I'm going to ad to mine... I have a motorcycle and use to really enjoy that... it now sits in the garage.... had to many close calls and realize I'm not invincible anymore....lol... it goes up for sale in the spring. I also enjoy gardening... like reefing it's about creating... creating an environment .... creating life... my last house people use to stop me to ask questions... moved a couple years ago and starting over.... so much fun.:D

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
You have many talents yvet and all seems like your really good at it. Keep it up looks awesome:)
Thank you Nathan, I really enjoy creating things and come from a long line of women who create with their hands. My mother and Grandmother both were excellent knitters and crocheters (if that is a word!) and my daughter is taking after us. Yesterday I came across a new craft I would like to try called Punchneedle and it looks very easy. I think I could use it to make some small detailed rugs for the dollhouse. Today I am going to research some more but, other than the tool I need to purchase, I have everything else I need due to the other crafts I do so my husband isn't cringing too much, LOL :D