whats your tap water tds

Status
Not open for further replies.

reefin

Darryl_V link said:
I have heard that softened water is better than hard water too..just wanted to double check.

Two of the manufactures also told me that with their softener I really didn't need the DI stage.
This I dont believe though....they probably dont realize you are aiming for 0tds water, which in drinking water you actually dont want.

Yup they did know what I was looking to do for aquarium use but its sales so...... this I didn't believe either and thats why I continue to use the DI.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Yea, a lot of people run the waste into a booster and back into another rodi unit I have read.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
just a quick question.. does everyone know what they are being charged for water? here in sarnia its more fees than usage.. its 20 cents a M cubed for the actual water. anyone have any comparisons from other citys?

reefin

Petercar link said:
I got a question.  You see all that waster water coming out of your rodi ?...what happen if you had another rodi unit  D you think you will get some 0 tds water out of the waste water

as in the other thread that is currently running you can put an add on to your existing unit say it is a 50 gallon / day the add on can get you up to 100g/d but you have to be careful about doing so as you may not have enough PSI going into the unit to get out what you want. Booster pumps may have to be added to get the extra you are looking for

reefin

Duke link said:
just a quick question.. does everyone know what they are being charged for water? here in sarnia its more fees than usage.. its 20 cents a M cubed for the actual water. anyone have any comparisons from other citys?

I have figuerd it out to be about $0.08 a gallon but that doesn't cover the sewer costs or the monthly service fees and the upgrade program or the stick it in the A** programs that we are being charged for.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
In london they brought in their 'fee' system really quick.  Like 60% fees to useage.  So my $50 per month water bill went to $110.  So I started taking off the meter for 2 weeks a month.  I don't mind paying fair price for water, but they charge me for sewer upgrades that our area don't need, and isn't infrastructure covered in our crazy high tax bills??

Neighbour ratted me out about the meter so they came by with a new one.  Now I want to move someplace with a well.  Can't fight city hall!

P

phi delt reefer

just get a shady plumber to dig up before the meter and run you by pass line :)

that or limit your kid's shower's to once a week or switch to sponge baths.

OR... get an algae scrubber and you'll never need water changes or even the skimmer!  ;D

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Salty Cracker link said:
In london they brought in their 'fee' system really quick.  Like 60% fees to useage.  So my $50 per month water bill went to $110.  So I started taking off the meter for 2 weeks a month.  I don't mind paying fair price for water, but they charge me for sewer upgrades that our area don't need, and isn't infrastructure covered in our crazy high tax bills??

Neighbour ratted me out about the meter so they came by with a new one.  Now I want to move someplace with a well.  Can't fight city hall!

our meters are inline and indoors.. lol i have seen more that a few bypass valves installed around here over the years.. but now the water is alot cheaper.. and its all fees like you are saying.

C

copperkills

Unless my tds meter is kaput I have 0TDS in and 0TDS out...when my unit first see pressure TDS in starts at 30 then steadily declines to 0 within seconds. 

sunnykita

Super Active Member
good old Woodstock is doing it to us again LOL - 10.43 Cu M = 21.12 according to my calculations .49 cents a c m - plus 21.70 in fees !

Duke link said:

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
copperkills link said:
Unless my tds meter is kaput I have 0TDS in and 0TDS out...when my unit first see pressure TDS in starts at 30 then steadily declines to 0 within seconds.

Yeah something isn't right.  I don't think a membrane can do 0TDS, I don't think they're even designed to do so.  Mine is ~12TDS after the filters and before DI.  I use that water for workouts and drinking water, and the post DI for tank water.

Status
Not open for further replies.