when using RODI water do u still need water conditioner

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stellarflare

Fraggle Rock link said:
I must be having an off day or something, my comments keep getting torn to shreds.  :-\ I think imma call it a day

Hi Fraggle Rock, Please do not feel that way. I really do enjoy conversing with you my friend.

F

Fraggle Rock

Not offended in any way, It's nobody's fault but my own I really need read and think things through more carefully before I post.
If I'm wrong about something by all means point it out.
Its information everyone (including and especially myself) needs to know is false or misguided. I'm honestly not trying to give people bad info or send them on the path to Failsville.
We are a community and bad and misguided information hurts us as a whole.

C

Cal_stir

Well said, I feel the same way, we're all trying to help each other out, I've learned alot  from forums like this and people like you who share their knowledge and experiences.
I think the biggest problem with these forums is that you can't know the tone of a post or reply.
We all make mistakes, at least I know I do.

A liar once told me "I was wrong once in my life, the time I thought I was wrong, but I was right" :D

blaked

My tap water treatment has extracted plant "goo" that builds a good slime coat and
even gets the fish's resistance up.
  i wouldnt see why this could hurt by adding some
to my top off water or mix water as long as ur not locking up nutrients your plants or micro
  thats needed.

or so i think.....

S

shayneh

blaked.... healthy fish can only build up so much of a slime coat and their resistance need not be supplemented if you have good water parameters. Try to stay away from all the gimmicky stuff you can buy to add this or that to your system! Hmmmmm....Makes me wonder how they measure the thickness of a slime coat to start with?????

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
A little food for thought...adding conditioner = increases TDS = unwanted nasty bad stuff in our tanks

See the link below:

The Tap Water Plus Conditioner Myth Debunked

"One of the most detrimental mistakes you can make to a saltwater tank is to use tap water that has been treated with a water conditioner. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sCVQTHHw5M

blaked

yeah i only use it when i get a new fish, or havta net one to move it,
when i use condition tap water ill let plain tap water sit for 2 days then add the de chlorin then sit fot 2 more days.

now i use RO i dont have alot of greeen slime but i do have a ph drop

Status
Not open for further replies.