Where To Get Tanks

cyberloach

I'm someone who loves to research things to death prior to purchase. With that I'm trying to find all the tanks builder/seller in the Ontario or those willing to ship.

Custom tank builders
http://www.miraclesaquariums.com/
http://www.conceptaquariums.ca/
north american fish breeders
http://www.reefboutique.ca/

Standard tank seller
Big Al's (instore, online only has very small tanks)
Canada coral's (Seapora tanks)

I know this is a small list, anyone want to add?

This could turn into a good sticky :)

Nighthawk26

ATM... GGGrrr.

I had Derek at Miracles build my tank. Good job, reasonable price. Did my sump and my frag tank too. No complaints.

If you are like me and a research person, you probably also expect good communication and things to go as you are told they will go. I'm VERY particular like this, and Derek was fantastic in that regard as well.

reef keeper

Super Active Member
He started the conversation by telling me he was the most expensive tank builder in Ontario.

I told him I was rich and didn't care. ( I'm not)

He was even more cocky after that lol.

He is a total dick.

reef keeper

Super Active Member
I understand premium pricing and world class service cost money. The thing is.... If you look at his YouTube channel - about 3 years ago he was just getting started building tanks. That's a little scary. I think he wanted something like 5 or 7 grand to build my tank in place. Wtf.

Nighthawk26

Baring you finding some backyard builder, you found them all and what was left was given to you. Is there something more you're looking for specifically that those 4-6 options don't have?

cyberloach

No nothing specific. I just like options. Im really too new to really know what I want yet. All I know is I hate aio tanks

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
No nothing specific. I just like options. Im really too new to really know what I want yet. All I know is I hate aio tanks

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
May I ask why you dislike the AIO tanks? Would you consider the Rea Sea series a poor tanks?

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Not a big fan of AIO tanks aswell. My reasoning is the choice of having a bigger sump, compared to a little 3-5gal chamber. Also dont like seeing the skimmer cup, and i like that if it overflows, my sump and plastic liner catch it and not my walls and floor. Other than that tho they look nice. But if there was one cheap enough i wouldnt turn it down lol.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Red Sea has the sump under the cabinet. when the sump is part of the tank itself there is no way it can over flow. its a tank with a divider the width of the tank about 1/4 of the distance from the back. so no way to over flow unlike a sump under the tank. why have 2 tanks accomplishing the same effect as one tank with a divider.I have never understood this concept. it like a poor mans solution to an all in one. IMO

Nighthawk26

Forgot about the red sea tanks. Probably cause they are a full setup. They have come out with a few new ones in the last year and a half too. Some of them pretty slick if you want a one stop shop. It sure as hell has some benefits. Like not going crazy trying to find every piece of a setup yourself. I think they even partnered with AI now for a setup that comes with the lights even.