Which 2 Part On Large Tanks

TheGreenStag

Hey guys as the title says which 2 part you guys been using and how has it been performing for you cost and coral growth and health wise. I have used the DIY version of Randy for good over a couple of years now but i dont want to rely on product which is not readily available. I do not want to go with Cal Reactor as i find it is too complicated for me....thanks.

TheGreenStag

Heard great reviews on the balling salts and decided to give it a go. It was working great for me and I have 0 complaints.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
i like to hear that...i have just ordered Neptune DOS and the 5 Gal Alk and Cal from ESV...once i start using i will update you guys...anyways for now i am using Kalkwasser in my ATO which does the job in maintaining my cal and alk and increase my ph because my sump is in the basement. i am happy with it but the risk of a ph or alk spike with kalkwasser is always a concern for me (even though i control it with Apex) and has a potential to crash a tank...damn if i stop kalkwasser my ph will drop to 7.90 not sure how can i tackle this if i start using Bionic...i do run a 1" line from outside to my skimmer which has helped a bit...O Well untill you dont try you wont know...i am going with the simplicity just use your regular ato and 2 part and maintain your system...

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I agree, don't chase ph. It should level on its own for the most part. The only concern about ph is spikes when dosing alk. Which is why the suggest dosing alk evenly through the lights out time.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

TheGreenStag

Thanks Chris and Torx...yeah i will leave my ph and let it settle on its own..i get a low ph during the day as well but as far as it is above 7.80 i am ok its within the range...Torx you got that right i plan on dosing Alk at night when the lights are out and calcium during daytime...This helps in stabilizing the ph...Boyz thank you again love this forum..Oh did i say got some new sticks last weekend for my tank :) i got frags of rainbow mili, a bright green mili, a small colony of Bonsai and a frag of deep orange zoa...