Which skimmer should I go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Which skimmer should I go for?

I've got the swc 180 and it seems to be pulling out lots of dark black sewage smelling stuff :p

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Petercar link said:
i have the swc 150  bought it at IA  last summer    there not making them anymore ..guy is in jail....after 6 months when i had to restart i had to blow in the line to get it to start  but when i set up new tank  i took it apart and blew water thru the shower massage hose not i dont even have to blow in the line anymore
The guy is not in jail. He received no jail time and a fine. As for as I know its business as usual for them. I know we should be receiving a shipment of them soon.
http://blog.aquanerd.com/2012/10/swc-owner-slapped-with-fines-for-illegal-smuggling.html

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Re: Which skimmer should I go for?

Brandon link said:
I've got the swc 180 and it seems to be pulling out lots of dark black sewage smelling stuff :p

Right, the 180 runs off a sicce psk2500 which doesn't have the failure issues that the atman does.  By all reports its a great skimmer

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Re: Which skimmer should I go for?

Brandon link said:

Love my SWC 180, been a great skimmer since I picked it up used. No pump issues at all.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=teebone110 link=topic=3728.msg32762#msg32762 date=1354907615]
A lot of good information, as there is evidence that the pump can have issues.
Remember, people usually only post when they are having problems.
Those without issues tend not to post.

You aren't having any problems and you post all the time about it  ;D
[/quote]

I am just putting out fires.

fireman_animated4.gif

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
teebone110 link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=3728.msg32768#msg32768 date=1354909999]
[quote author=teebone110 link=topic=3728.msg32762#msg32762 date=1354907615]
A lot of good information, as there is evidence that the pump can have issues.
Remember, people usually only post when they are having problems.
Those without issues tend not to post.

You aren't having any problems and you post all the time about it  ;D
[/quote]

I am just putting out fires.

fireman_animated4.gif

[/quote]

Well considering we're talking about the atman 2500....that is a good analogy.  :eek: ;)

J

jones02

+1 I have to agree with salty on this. When I was there when I just set up my system he was telling me about the atma pumps cuz I said what skimmer I have and I just said meh like you guys are and I had nothinng but problems, and when it came down to gettinng it replaced the company wouldn't evenn do it! 1 year warrenty and and after 8 moths they wouldn't do anything. Annd if the red devil pumps would have fit I would have went that route but all the reaserch I did it wouldn't work. Ad after my cousins problems with the red devil pumps being loud I'm kinnd of glad I didn't waste 150 onn that pump.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
torx, unless you bought a different skimmer, you actually have the 160 cone, not the 180. the 160 runs the atman 2500.

In my experience, the Atman 2500 pumps are pretty solid.  It seems to me that the vast majority of complaints about the atman 2500 are the ones used in Buble Magus skimmer.  I believe the reason for this is the poor design of the bubble magus skimmers. Like salty mentioned, the body of the skimmers put alot of stress on the cord.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Blob-79 link said:
torx, unless you bought a different skimmer, you actually have the 160 cone, not the 180. the 160 runs the atman 2500.

Oops, my bad, lol. Not a new skimmer. Thanks for clearing it up, i was working when I posted that and did not double check.

Status
Not open for further replies.