Which Tablet should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
So I am in the market for a new tablet and was wondering what everyone was using these days.  I don't want to spend  more than $300.  I was thinking about either the Google nexus 7 or the samsung Galaxy 2.

What do you guys think? I am going to use it for basic use like the internet and netflix.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
My choices under $300. Only ever used Kindle HD, Ipad (all models), Blackberry Playbook. But am a tech junkie and always looking at new technology.

Google Nexus 7, Samsung Tab 2, Kindle Fire HD.

All depends if you want to be able to use apps as well as not all of the ones under $300 have access to a app store/google market. Also screen size...

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
i had a samsung galaxy 10.1, very nice tablet, easy to use, good size, i think the 16gb version is only 350$ new, but could prob find a cheaper one on kijiji...

i ended up selling it because between my iphone and my laptop i never used it much.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Big_Als_London link said:
So I am in the market for a new tablet and was wondering what everyone was using these days.  I don't want to spend  more than $300.  I was thinking about either the Google nexus 7 or the samsung Galaxy 2.

What do you guys think? I am going to use it for basic use like the internet and netflix.

both are pretty awesome, the nexus 7 is a google nexus device so it gets the latest greatest updates and software before all the other android devices, but thats not saying that you cant get all that stuff on the galaxy tab 2 but its a bit more to do it for sure. The CPU and GPU are faster and the screen resolution is higher on the 7, but only slightly. The nexus has stereo speakers and the samsung only has mono... the 7 is 50$ or so more than a tab 2... if its in your budget, the nexus is the way to go. No need to "Root" it to get cool stuff either.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
unibob link said:
My choices under $300. Only ever used Kindle HD, Ipad (all models), Blackberry Playbook. But am a tech junkie and always looking at new technology.

Google Nexus 7, Samsung Tab 2, Kindle Fire HD.

All depends if you want to be able to use apps as well as not all of the ones under $300 have access to a app store/google market. Also screen size...
I have the nexus s phone so I am leaning towards the nexus 7 tablet.  I believe you can link them up this way.

The galaxy has infarred or something like that and can also be used as a remote control for most new tvs which I think would be fun to play with too.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
I have a nexus 7 ,it's an awesome little machine ,Tiger Direct has them at a  good price ,we bought one of the factory refurbs,with the 3 yr over the counter warranty and taxes was about $275

Sent from my HTC Incredible S

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
pulpfiction1 link said:
I have a nexus 7 ,it's an awesome little machine ,Tiger Direct has them at a  good price

Sent from my HTC Incredible S
Yeah thats where I was looking, but they pretty much all have the same price on them.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Megh, splerge just a little on the price and get the Magetablet

HugeTablet.jpg

Or go for the iPad...after all, if it is good enough for the pope

let-us-input-pope-benedict-xvi-uses-a-tablet-to-compose-his-first-tweet-ever.jpg

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I hate absolutely everything about apple.

that said, I do only buy their ipads.  The apps for them are unreal, batteries last fairly well and the touchcscreens work perfectly. 

chief hill

Stick with Android related tablets.  Your not stuck with Apple only this and that. Lack of customization,  paying for apps,  etc etc.
I run a galaxy 10" tab and samsung galaxy s3 phone.  I had apple and hated it. Couldn't customize anything,  had to pay for all decent apps,  everything was proprietary to I this and I that.
At least with most android tablets you can add mini sd cards to add up to 64 gig of memory. You can't do that with apple products.  Lol you can't even get flash player on Apple products so forget viewing any sites with Adobe Flash. 

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Arley

I use the Android mini tablet- I'm cheap! I picked it up for 129$ Can't beat that!

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
I thought about spending more money but then my bank account said no lol. $239.99 for the 32gig nexus 7 is a pretty good price.  If I was going to get a 10" tablet I would spend more money but I can't handle 10 inches OUCH...

Edit: Did I say that out loud?

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I have always been an apple iPad fan......my ipad2 is two years old and still works perfect. However, I believe a lot of competitors are producing some very nice tablets as well now and might stray away from apple when this old thing dies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Status
Not open for further replies.