White "Fluffy" Spots on CBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I have a CBB with white fluffy spots on one side fin, tail fin, and a few on outer perimeter of body.....he is currently in my reef tank.....anyway to properly treat him without removing from tank? The CBB eats great and acts normal but Each day the spots seem to spread......no other fish are affected yet.....any thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
I had a fish with this and I thought it was ich but I'm not sure.  It died a couple of days after the spots began to spread so I didn't get time to even try to treat it (I couldn't catch him either  :(  )

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
They are some sort of parasite I would think....... I wonder if a cleaner shrimp would help......I used to have a cleaner.....
I believe this parasite first found its way onto a couple new anthias which only lasted about one week at best in my tank......one of my clowns went next.....and now the CBB has these spots but they are really evident on him but yet he still seems decent for health......I just hope they don't spread to more fish......

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I have been googling and it seems like maybe it could be lymphocytis .......

davesolo29

Super Active Member
hope its not velvet.
I had a bad batch of anthias that infected my tank too.  Qt will be ready for treatment of all the fish tomorrow night if all goes well.
Gonna be a bitch catching them all.  And then hoping they last the month in a 60 gallon cube.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
What kind of anthias, Dave? And where did you get them?
I am just going to let nature take its course.........see what happens......

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
White spots seem to be receding......even with the reduced feelings I have been doing in order to entice my stubborn chocolate tang to eat Caulerpa....

Status
Not open for further replies.