Windsor 90 gal Reef tank-update

Giglio324

So yesterday me and Dan (Seggsy) went to Michigan and got me a new tank. He got all the livestock and I got all the equipment. We arrived at the house and after getting all the livestock out of the tank Dan hit the road with his fingers crossed the border wouldn't give him a hassle. Me and the previous owner Chris, very nice guy, very knowledgable spared no expense on his setup. So after me and him got everything loaded into my truck. I have an f150 and I was full up. I headed for the border to. Needless to say the border wasn't in my favour yesterday. They searched everything. And after I had lied about how much I paid to avoid some of the sales tax they slapped an 175$ fine on me and I left. A 2 hr ordeal over an aquarium for a guy who genuinely wants to house a beautiful habitat. Regardless I've never had luck at the border and this was no different. I got the tank home and got the sand and water back into it to avoid hopefully having to cycle the tank again. Tonight I'm gonna get the fuge/sump set up and hopefully have everything looking nice by Monday night. If you've just read through my whole ordeal I appreciate your patience and will post some pictures as soon as I can. Finally I have a tank that I won't be restricted. I'm excited :D. Thanks!!!
John

Giglio324

Re: Windsor 90 gal Reef tank

Finally made some progress tonight all I really need now is water and that'll be the goal for tomorrow night. This ro unit is producing waste water 2x as fast and the clean stuff. I'm gonna plumb it straight into the drain and never have to worry about it again. Then I'll be cooking with gas. Anyway here are a few pictures. The sump is in place all filters are setup and the PVC has been cemented and is permanent now.
Till tomorrow good luck

Poseidon

Distinguished Member

its a nice tank, i think its such an unusual place for an overflow though :p

Seggsy

Looks awesome.  You were able to put the sump in an adjoining room, eh?  I am jealous!

PS - just think of the hassle from the border if you DID have livestock with you!!! :eek:

Giglio324

After 6 night of what seemed like never ending making ro water and mixing pails I finally got the tank full and running last night and o man is it awesome. Next step, live rock. Stay tuned. Dan if I would had livestock they would have slapped ,e with every cities law they knew. They even brought that up. Me and the border have a hate hate relationship

Giglio324

Re: Windsor 90 gal Reef tank-PVC live rock frame

So I've finally found some love rock. I gotta go out to Leamington for it. But that's no big deal. Anyway. I was thinking about doing PVC frame to stack the rock and get some cool aquascaping does anyone have any experience with this?

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Re: Windsor 90 gal Reef tank-PVC live rock frame

Giglio324 link said:
So I've finally found some love rock. I gotta go out to Leamington for it. But that's no big deal. Anyway. I was thinking about doing PVC frame to stack the rock and get some cool aquascaping does anyone have any experience with this?

See if you can find some acrylic rods.. then you can just drill your rock and stack it with the rods holding things in place

Giglio324

Sunday night drove out to Leamington to meet a fellow reefer, wolf man, and picked up 100lbs of LR. Put it in the tank and this is what I came up with

C

CRJ

I love to grab stuff on the other sideof the border. I am able to though, as i have dual citizenship and can come and go with not much more then a couple questions.

Nice tank!

R

Riddler

Sucks about the border.  Just think of the arrest record if you were caught were the livestock.  Do you have a list of corals and fish your planning to stock?

Riddler

Giglio324

I have right now... A blue tang, 2 true percs, 2 false percs, blood shrimp cleaner shrimp and algae blenny. As for fish besides those i may want a coral beauty, a royal gramma and maybe a couple of cardinals. As for corals i have picked up some sps frags, i am looking for more. When i was at tropicorium i saw some really nice favia frags so im hunting for that but in canada obviously. Besides thats just kinda whatever i come across which is interesting. I do need to rig up an auto top off system and besides that things will be perfect in terms of how its going anyway. There are still little improvements and such

Giglio324

Im All fragged out things are all growing well. Slowly making my way to getting everything fully automated ( top off, dosing) but besides that things look great finally found a purple tang at a good size for a good price.

B

becca_vienna

Looks AMAZING!!
Curse my apartment... I need a bigger tank ;) haha!

chief hill

Beautiful tank.  agreed Customs sucks hence why I rarely go over. Seems like a natzi checkpoint everyttime I get onto the USA side .
. ;D Glad to meet another reefer in the city.