Winter Camping In Algonquin Park

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Here's some of the pics from the trip. Once I get a USB adapter for my iPad or a SD card reader for it I'll have a video edited together on YouTube. There was still 2 ft of snow up there so one step off the hard packed trail and you were knee deep. Snowshoes only sank 2" in fresh powder :D I'm the one with the beard and camo the other fellow is my buddy Andrew that came along. I guess I only have one crazy friend lol

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Yes we were crossing a frozen lake. Definitely not for the beginner snowshoers but fun with some precautions. Also we were both equipped with space blankets, dry tinder, folding saw, knife, rope and flint rod for the hike so if worst case scenario happened we were prepared.

Last edited:

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Awesome steve ! True survivor man!! Love the vid , looks like it's from the 80's where's the country back woods music ?! Lol

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Awesome steve ! True survivor man!! Love the vid , looks like it's from the 80's where's the country back woods music ?! Lol

thats about as good of an editing job your getting from me lmao maybe one day ill feel the need or want to spend $10 on an app who knows. it is missing the country music in the background.