Woohoo...hoeven's Wrasse In Da House ;)

Marz

Finally...finally got a hoeven's wrasse (Coral Reef Shop - thanks for the tip Unibob). Anyway, selected the smaller of the ones that they had, got him home, acclimated, then BANG, the little guy went missing for the first day, buried somewhere in the sand. First day, he was a no show, second day, was swimming around, so I decided to feed enough for everyone in the tank. Woke up this morning and thought that this would be great for the kids to watch...the "rising from the sand". Caught it on film and thought that I would post it...you can see the sand moving as he pops his head out to see if it's "all clear". Watch just behind the torch....the whole family is very excited to have a new member in the house.

He's a little blurry as I wasn't sure where exactly he was buried. (Hopefully the video has been embedded properly)

Last edited:

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Nice!!!

My Vrolik's wrasse will go diving into the sand during the day and come back out with an Asterina star or a small snail in its mouth. Lots of fun to watch.

Marz

Thanks everyone! The family is very happy with the little guy. He has become quite friendly with the kids, sometime chasing his tail when they are around :) (it they just happen to be around when he does it)