Worst Part Of A New Tank

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Especially when it’s 100% started from dry

i assume there’s never a way to avoid this , hopefully the ugly stage will end .. but who knows when ?

image.jpg

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Couple weeks it takes

really ? Seems like it just gets worst and worst been about 2-3 weeks since started , (mainly got worst when I started over feeding for this fish ) but now have cut back , dose it just fall off or something ?

I’ve only started tanks with live rock only so never really been down this road

Luke.

Distinguished Member
@TORX has something changed with the pics ? I use to get a full tank shot and now I can’t even get a 1/4 :( been using the same I phone for 5+ years what’s the deal bud ??

Jason Bell

Check out the Tidal Gardens new tank, green forest, brushed it all, came back worse. Interesting he mentioned another tank, same rock, base, guy tossed tangs in right away. Apparently they will eat green hair 1mm - 2mm max.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Check out the Tidal Gardens new tank, green forest, brushed it all, came back worse. Interesting he mentioned another tank, same rock, base, guy tossed tangs in right away. Apparently they will eat green hair 1mm - 2mm max.

Haha yeah that ain’t gonna work , tried that twice and failed :p it’s dry rocks that was never used and I ever acid bathed it prior , it’s definitely from the lights I added coral line algae about 2-4 days ago hope that’ll over come the algae in months to come idk lol

Jason Bell

Time is what it is, I have a plan for mine, picking up sump tomorrow so in two weeks I should have something going if all goes as scheduled. You'll soon be past that phase and on to brighter days.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
@Jason Bell even trying to get some supplies from hard wear stores to get things to build stuff for the tank seems to be more difficult lol , spent 2-3 hrs looking for the “right” stuff when in my head I know where stuff is in the shelf in the hardware store .. so frustrating haha..

Jason Bell

I hear ya, I wasn't able to carry on my project until the basement renovations were done, I know where the stuff is at Home Depot and Lowe's but no idea what the 'trade name' is for half of it, luckily as they say, a pictures is worth a thousand words.

Luke.

Distinguished Member

Seasquirt

That's the worst thing? The worst thing is i spent 400 bucks at Reef Supplies today and it doesn't seem like i got very much.

Sure things i needed like more DI, those elusive sponges for my Phos 150 that's not online and a couple of Pvc fittings, a 200 watt heater, a new SG/Temp thingy for more accurate measurement.

3 Magfloats, why 3 we are setting up a 15 gl Column Tank and a 60 gl planted Tank and one so i can clean the back glass of my 125, i can see right thru.
I bought some bulk 2 part for down the road and one slim container to dose when the time comes, ( you can't have too many gagets) no pumps, no lights, no fish, there's always tomorrow.

Jason Bell

Worst thing so far or rather too excited to check, I picked up 2 100g vertical water storage containers only to not have them fit the area I intended for them to go in, couple that with the plumbing to go with them. My friend is building a 240g so he benefitted from that one.

On the bright side I located square vertical containers that will fit the space, so not all bad, just expensive mistake.

Seasquirt

Plastic holding tanks

I bought a 50 gl vertical tank a few years ago while planning ahead for this hobby, a guy had it at a garage sale, I am so glad that I have it, it’s hooked up to my rodi and I filter all my water into it, they are must haves in this hobby,