Worst Part Of A New Tank

Matt1997

I picked up 2 55 gallon barrels used to hold olives and they have been working great. Smelt like olives for a few weeks even after a bleach rinse, multiple freshwater rinse, and a vinegar rinse.

Seasquirt

I think you might be right about the ugly rock, my rock looks terrible, i need to get a donor rock with Coraline all over it.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Luke.

Distinguished Member
@Seasquirt
I just got a friend to scrape off some from his glass and I added large chunks to the rocks and crushed the rest and sprinkled it .. (you just need the spores from the coralline to grow) I just got my lights up and my all’s very low around 6.5 so dosing will be happening soon and then it should start to take off

Seasquirt

So are we dosing for Coraline? Sounds funny but ya why not, my Alk is a bit higher, Calcium is at 450

Do i need to interduce the Coraline spores or will it grow if i bump up my perameters by dosing?

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Coraline has to be introduced to the tank , and what I mentioned was what’s needed for it to grow

Seasquirt

Sounds right, I've been keeping the back glass clean as the tank is set up for a peninsula, see right through it.
So much to do when the tank is in its first 6 months

Seasquirt

I'm starting to see specs of Coraline on my rock, some of my rocks are so black right now, no algae issues but that's because of the two tangs,I've got a few flat worms and I'd rather not get a Sixline, they can be pesty buggers.