Would this have came from my tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Fragged a coral off a big rock, didn't notice anything while doing so, then around 10 min later when I was cleaning up rubble and water I saw this on floor moving around. Any ideas? Not even sure if came from tank however it did look wet.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Not sure if he really swam...i didnt put him back in tank, but let him tour around in a cool whip container. Balled up when he hit water, then when hit bottom started to crawl like he was on the floor...the next test is if he survives in the water i guess.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Looks like a worm from the movie tremors.  Just smaller and less fat:) and it won't eat you.

parksy

Super Active Member
HAHAHAHA Dave so funny just watched that movie last week. This site needs a like of dislike button for posts LOL

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Dead. It did stay alice last night until about 5, by then I had forgotten about it so who knows how much longer, but this morning it is definitely dead.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
jerry_doucette link said:
[quote author=Torx link=topic=3061.msg24890#msg24890 date=1346675793]
That is because it is a mealworm.

Where were you last night haha, well it's
A soggy mealworm now.
[/quote]

And ruin the fun experiment to see what it was? LoL

Of an off SW topic, you may want to read up on them and see where he may have come from. They are rarely a house pest, but they love moist areas with grains. I am assuming this happened in your basement, check out for a food source... and if/when you find it, I dont suggest still eating the box of cereal he came from lol.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Will keep an eye out for more, only food source in basement would be the dog food so I will have to take a look through there. I read they eat wood too, hopefully not the wood holding up my house haha. Thanks Torx

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
jerry_doucette link said:
Will keep an eye out for more, only food source in basement would be the dog food so I will have to take a look through there. I read they eat wood too, hopefully not the wood holding up my house haha. Thanks Torx

I got larder beetles in the cat and dog food one year, I ended up having to put everything into sealed containers. 

Status
Not open for further replies.