Wow!

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
I can't believe it, this regal angel i bought boxing day still hasn't ate anything in front of me. I have no clue how he is still living. Just over a month now...i hope he starts eating soon, starting to really irritate me.

S

sirhc13

Where did you buy it from?
Did you see it eat before you bought it?

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Sealife central. No i didnt see him eat but they assured me he was(you could tell, as he was pretty fat when i bought him). Obviously i shouldve asked to see him eat, but they were pretty busy at the time so i took their word for it.

S

sirhc13

If Gary said it was eating.....I would take his word for it 100%!
Prob one of the only stores to do a 2 week in store QT...maybe give them a call and ask Gary if he knows any "tricks" to get it eating again or ask what exactly they were feeding it. Good luck

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
if he hasnt eaten for a month but is still around happily swimming then hes eating something- corals? sponges? possibly waits until food collects on the bottom behind rocks or something?
have you tried seaweed? or soaking food in garlic?
its possible another fish is bullying him and hes afraid to eat as well.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Yeah right now my tank is rockless, so no sponges and the only zoos in the tabk are ones growing on the back glass, and i havent noticed anything missing. Hes getting mysis, Lrs fish frenzy and dried seaweed. Doesnt touch anything. Unless hes his picking scraps like brandon mentioned.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I recently read that it can take months for a fish to starve to death. (Made me feel a little less awful for forgetting to feed some days). The key is they do have to start eating. If not all ready, there will most likely be an underlining issue. All great ideas here, I hope it turns around, but you have definitely done everything you could.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

heath

Distinguished Member
the reason that I ask is that I ran into the same issue, most stores keep their salinity low and it can play havoc on a fish and as we all know, different fish handle stress differently..I tend to be a bit anal about acclimating new fish..