Zoa name

KBennett

I got these zoas at the frag meet in Vaughn from ZoaPAL I think.

I forget what he called them -armour of God, Devils armour, something like that.  I paid less than $20, but I've seen those names for a lot more.

Any ideas?

The colour is a bit washed out in this pick. 

Thanks for your help.

TorontoBound

Skit length has really nothing to do with an ID of a zoa as excessive flow or lack of flow can cause the length of the skirt to change. AOG have a straight line as in the picture below and a circle. Devil's armour look like the batman symbol. Gobstoppers have a differnt colour center..

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Correct on the coloring and designs, but it is hard to tell color as there is no white balance in the photo. But we seem to all agree that it is AOG

Pretty sure skirts do matter slightly, I have several gobstopper and AOG frags side by side in a frag rack, and all my AOG have long ones. No where in my tank is there a polyp of gobstopper with tentacles like in the pic, just my AOG's.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
AOGs are supposed to be red with a blue center and then blueish grey skirts.... No?
To be honest they look very similar to ones I have that I bought as and still call FAL Lady in Pink.... They do very much resemble the aogs but I just think they are much too pink with no clear blue center to call them that....good ol zoo names lol
Kevin, check out my lady in pink ones shown in my tank thread.... What u think? Same?

KBennett

Reef Hero link said:
AOGs are supposed to be red with a blue center and then blueish grey skirts.... No?
To be honest they look very similar to ones I have that I bought as and still call FAL Lady in Pink.... They do very much resemble the aogs but I just think they are much too pink with no clear blue center to call them that....good ol zoo names lol
Kevin, check out my lady in pink ones shown in my tank thread.... What u think? Same?
Very similar to yours, but the mouth isn't green.  The underside is green though.  The skirt is a lighter gray too.

I need a DSLR... I have a nicer point and shoot, but can't get any close-ups with it.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
KBennett link said:
[quote author=Reef Hero link=topic=7139.msg79979#msg79979 date=1391717739]
Very similar to yours, but the mouth isn't green.  The underside is green though.  The skirt is a lighter gray too.

I need a DSLR... I have a nicer point and shoot, but can't get any close-ups with it.
[/quote]

Hey Kevin,

Yeah the lady in pink definitely has a green mouth and is very pink lol

I'll be waiting for the macro shots of yours... ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KBennett

This is me playing around with the white balance on my Powershot S5-1S:
They were pissed off today.  I left a power head on that blew them around all day.  They are usually much more open like in the first pic in this thread.

They would be hard to identify because they chaznge as they get older.  New ones start off with a pink ring and then they get fuller and fuller pink as they age.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
KBennett link said:
This is me playing around with the white balance on my Powershot S5-1S:
They were pissed off today.  I left a power head on that blew them around all day.  They are usually much more open like in the first pic in this thread.

They would be hard to identify because they chaznge as they get older.  New ones start off with a pink ring and then they get fuller and fuller pink as they age.

They appear much more red in these photos....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KBennett

Those photos are pretty close to what they look like under my royal blues.  That first photo of this thread was pretty washed out.