Zoa/paly still closed

Marz

I know that harleymike has been experiencing a similar problem and kbennet has suggested vitamin c. I was thinking about purchasing Brigthwell Vitamarin-C.

BUT...was wondering if anyone had any ideas. It had started with my Paly that I got at fragfest. Has been doing very well up until 9 days ago. Was bothered by a trochus snail and has not opened since. I did do another dip this evening (recommendation from a member) as I have read many things including algae bothering them. I have little amphipods and I can see some of the larger ones running around. I know have another one of my Zoa's closed up. I really can't figure this out...water parameters have been stable for well over 6 weeks. The only change has been my PH but that happened with my WC Sunday (PH 7.96 - PH 8.05) which seems fine to me.

I have included as large a picture as I can...but I can't see anything. I am also going to update my Tank thread in member tanks since my birdsnest and Torch seems to be doing very well, unless of course I am missing something.

None-the-less, on to the pics...any help is great.

Paly_ProblemQuestion_zps0d0952b4.jpg

and the Zoa

zoaproblemquestion_zps6d566372.jpg

harleymike

Super Active Member
I moved mine under the led's . The same ones stayed closed and the same ones opened up.
Not sure why. I will waite it out and see what happens.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Trying to explain zoas melting or dying us something even expert Zoa keepers can't do. I'm a member of a strictly Zoa fan group and lots of members have high end zoas just fade away and die while hundred of others are perfectly  fine
No explanation

Marz

Interesting. We'll see if the dip has done anything. I am very interested in trying Vitamarin-C to see if this might help out. The RDE's that I have are doing very well, so much so that I have to move them off the rock I put them on so they don't overtake everything :) I appreciate the comment Poseidon as everything else in the tank appears good. Tough hobby :) What is most interesting is that everything I have read online is all over the place, things that "might" work, what "might" be causing it, etc.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Well exactly, since no one really knows what's going on, everyone had their own theory or guess work, I found that when some of my colonies started melting, I moved them over to my other system and they would bounce back... Just the change in scenery made them happy, ( I've done vise versa too with same results)
Finiky  but awesome creatures I tell ya :)

Marz

I have just been setting up my frag tank and was thinking the same thing. Still don't have a light tho :) Appreciate the suggestion!