Zoa Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamS

You make me sound negligent, which is only partially true. I dont measure phosphates, but i do measure everything else. The real reason for the lights is not algae, its money. Yes more light means more algae, but not significant. I used to have the lights on for 8 hours or more and just found no significant benefit, so i scaled back. It may be sponges, but i dont see any on my watermelon zoas, and they are the ones with the biggest problem, i will try and take them out, but they are on the rocks now too.  I changed the flow last night, so i am going to see if that changes anything. I do appreciate the help, thank you. Oh and i said the digi was 40% bigger, meaning 1.4 times, maybe its only 1.3, but it is bigger.

Adam

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I do not think it is sponges, could just be the lighting and camera, pretty sure some of what looks like a sponge is just glue.

Zoas are pretty resilient corals. They may just be reacting now to you light changes.  Basically giving up fighting as 4 hours is not enough light to sustain life and growth.

Also, what are your test results? What kit are you using? What water and salt?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Sorry for all the posts, but for some reason I can not edit my posts ATM.
To clarify, yes, I am aware that you put the year results in your first post, but what are they now? And a full tank shot would be nice as well.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

AdamS

I test a couple times a week, and those are always my results. Ro/di water checked to 0tds. I have attached 3 photos, 1 the day i got the digi, 1 from a couple days ago, and one of the watermelon zoas the day i got them.

Status
Not open for further replies.