Zoomsters New 120 Gal Tank, Sump And Tank Build

zoomster

View media item 83Well my it has been and taken a lot longer than I would have liked ( aren't new builds always though) but.... my new 120 is flow testing right now and if there are no issues or leaks, should have the reef switched over by next weekend. View media item 81
The Tank is a 120 gal. i put in a CTC ( coast to coast ) overflow that I had to make myself as i could not find one anywhere to buy and AFTER I had completed making it, then some told me about member JT. so I will be contacting him on my next build for acrylic items ;).
I did a BEAN ANIMAL drain with 1.5" drains and dual returns drilled View media item 73 View media item 56 and i can tell you that sitting here right now while it is running it is DEAD quiet!

for the stand I had a friend build me a tube steel stand that I wrapped in Red Oak. View media item 85 View media item 87 and then coated all inside surfaces in "ScubaSteve Super-goop".

for the Sump i also custom built my own View media item 57 View media item 59 but, have decided last minute to go with a different, larger one.

I am currently working on the refugium, which i will gladly take input on as i am not sure whether to utilize the sump as a fuge/filter in one or... plumb in a separate fuge.
I have lots of pics that i took as i went and will post more as I organize them and my thoughts better or as they are requested.

I encourage and would love all and any input both positive or nicely put negatives LOL.

P.S.- I will soon have a 72 gallon bow, stand and sump for sale! :)

SamB

Super Active Member
Amazing build - looking great !
If you can't locate JT Acrylics for any reason, there are 2 other builders in Toronto area that I can highly recommend. One is Paul F (on this forum as PaulF758 - he's a genius) and Primo Reef Acrylics
Both can ship or I'm happy to drive it out to you on one of my trips
PM me if you need their contact info

zoomster

8bd9224a717afa393ffd1e287c1a75eb.jpg
63eb9b1ac850e07128f4c83fcaf9cb8b.jpg

jroovers

Super Active Member
Nice looking start! Makes me miss my old 120. I like the scape and look forward to seeing things fill out with corals :)

heath

Distinguished Member
wow Steve, that is awesome, now sit back and enjoy before you start your next build, there will be another one....;)
p.s. really like that trigger, he looks happy...

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Holy Rock Tower :)

Looking really good. Will look even better once things fill in. Cant wait to see it!