320 Gallon/ 1212 Liter - SPS/mixed Reef

P

phi delt reefer

Re: 320 Gallon/ 1212 Liter - SPS/mixed Reef Chesterfield MI USA Just over the Border

OK this makes sense.

Torx I've seen a cold loop coil dug into a crawl space.  Could put the coil into a large enough ato resivoir.

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com
Re: 320 Gallon/ 1212 Liter - SPS/mixed Reef Chesterfield MI USA Just over the Border

BTW it wasn't my Idea I just improved it.  One thing that people had issues with was in place of the solenoid valve people would put swing valves.  Well I am not a plumber but one did tell me that they don't work on vertical  runs.  I tested a spring valve but the pump is not powerful enough.  The final solution was a high-quality solenoid valve and it has been trump tight since. 

In any-event You cannot recirculate cold water.  I know Randy Farley Holmes on Reefkeeping.com wrote an article about using something similar with 1/4 air line.  I suppose it would work with a smaller tank if you had a solution for the water like topping off the pool or through RO/DI.  So the issue is what do you do with the water after it leaves the coil?  One solution I tough was to top off my swimming pool but id imagine it would overflow it.  With all of the waste water it wouldn't be worth the cost of water and sewage.

AdamS

This system is pretty much exactly how hydronic heating works in a commercial building. Also in a commercial building they use 'recirc' pumps to keep all the hot wAter lines filled with hot water. Imagine being in a 10 storey building and turning on the hot water at the top and the water heater is in the basement.

You cannot store cold water for long periods of time because it would develop legionnaires disease. Also what tbd320reef is doing does not meet plumbing code here in canada, and i suspect in the states. In order to meet code, the wAter goin through the tank needs to be isolated from drinking water (need a heat exchanger). Im not saying i wouldnt do this, im just saying it doesnt meet code.

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com

AdamS link said:
This system is pretty much exactly how hydronic heating works in a commercial building. Also in a commercial building they use 'recirc' pumps to keep all the hot wAter lines filled with hot water. Imagine being in a 10 storey building and turning on the hot water at the top and the water heater is in the basement.

You cannot store cold water for long periods of time because it would develop legionnaires disease. Also what tbd320reef is doing does not meet plumbing code here in canada, and i suspect in the states. In order to meet code, the wAter goin through the tank needs to be isolated from drinking water (need a heat exchanger). Im not saying i wouldnt do this, im just saying it doesnt meet code.

You are very bright and I actually tought about this.  Fact 1 is that the bacteria must be present in order for it to proliferate and 2 added sharkbites to the design and disconnect in the summer and blow out with bleach water just a FYI.  As for code well that kind of stinks.  To be honest I think I have a higher risk of catching something in my tank than I do from the loop.

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com

Changed my Carbon yesterday and Snapped a couple of Cell Pics. - Whom said LED can't Grow/Color SPS?

[img=1400x838]http://images.cpucs.com/images/cell1.JPG[/img]
cell2.JPG

cell3.JPG

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

wow, your tank is incredible, you must be proud of it. its a masterpiece to say the least.

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com

davesolo29 link said:
[quote author=tdb320reef link=topic=4364.msg1#msg1 date=1362349608]
Whom said LED can't Grow/Color SPS?
I did!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

I couldn't have said it better myself   "its not about perfection, its about learning from mistakes."

All Jokes aside, what happend for you to say that?  Just curious?

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate

That powder blue is so fat it looks like it has cellulite.  Awesome Tank

sunnykita

Super Active Member

Wow ! just Wow ! :drool: :drool: :drool:
that is fabulous !
and yessirree that's one well fed tang LOL

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

Great video, you were able to get a good reproduction of your colours.
Looks like things have grown more since my last visit ;)

monizb

Super Active Member

amazing  ;) thats all i can say  :drool:

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com

teebone110 link said:

Thanks - I got your Strawberry fields.  Let me know when you are back in the states and Ill hook you up with a good sized frag.  * Picture taken with cell phone and does not reflect the actual robust colors.

fields.jpg

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

tdb320reef link said:
[quote author=teebone110 link=topic=4364.msg43502#msg43502 date=1362536689]

Thanks - I got your Strawberry fields.  Let me know when you are back in the states and Ill hook you up with a good sized frag.  * Picture taken with cell phone and does not reflect the actual robust colors.

fields.jpg

[/quote]

I'm on my way!  LOL!

Thanks Tom 8)

jmonker

Beautiful Setup Tom! Love your tank! Would love to come check it out some soon?

cheers