75 Gallon Custom Rimless and Elite Aquatics Sump

Jewel

Set-up looks Amazing, I too have a Rimless 40x20x20 with a custom stand and sump, Any pics of your fixture? Love the External over flow. And welcome to TFT.

Austin

Jewel link said:
Set-up looks Amazing, I too have a Rimless 40x20x20 with a custom stand and sump, Any pics of your fixture? Love the External over flow. And welcome to TFT.

Hey Jewel thanks for the compliments, here are a couple quick shots of my light...its currently over my brute trying to get coraline to grow on my dry rock while I wait for the tank.

Not a great shot...I will get a better one later. Here are some random equipment shots as well.

deeznutz

Wow that's quite the process and not to mention the elbow grease required. lol
I gotta come see the stand one day.  So when are you getting the tank? 
Lets get this bitch wet >:D

I think I might go with a flat(lazy) white finish on my stand  :p

BTW love your light stand over the brute lmfao!!!  True reefer in the making hahahaha

Austin

deeznutz link said:
Wow that's quite the process and not to mention the elbow grease required. lol
I gotta come see the stand one day.  So when are you getting the tank? 
Lets get this bitch wet >:D

I think I might go with a flat(lazy) white finish on my stand  :p

BTW love your light stand over the brute lmfao!!!  True reefer in the making hahahaha

I thought you would like that Dan, I had to go with high gloss to match my furniture and it actually wasnt too bad it just the drying time thats a pain.

I am waiting to here back from Miracles on the ETA hopefully I hear something today. I really want to get it plumbed and ready for Fragfest :)

Austin

Bayinaung link said:
Gorgeous tank.

Thank you sir.

Petercar link said:
Mine took 4 months.

Well that was a scary comment lol.........but it doesn't look like mine will take as long.....DELIVERY TOMORROW :)  (so they say)

Let the fun begin!!

deeznutz

I put my order in the week before Christmas 2013 lol

Even if you are up and running just in time for frag fest, I wouldn't recommend adding them to the tank just yet. 
Besides I have more then enough room to hold them for you  ;D

But that's just my option.

Austin

deeznutz link said:
I put my order in the week before Christmas 2013 lol

Even if you are up and running just in time for frag fest, I wouldn't recommend adding them to the tank just yet. 
Besides I have more then enough room to hold them for you  ;D

But that's just my option.

I will be quite selective in what goes into the tank to start, my main goal is getting it wet and have it ready for a cleanup crew and some clowns i am getting. Pretty sure ill be housing some stuff with you shortly......i can already see my bill from you getting larger lol

Austin

Woohoo tank is at house.....I'm stuck at work :(

Austin L.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austin

deeznutz link said:
No pics means it didn't happen.
:nosoup:

Well I was going to wait so I could post a better picture but guess I can't now after getting called out lol

Austin L.

Austin

Quick one of it on the stand....I will post better photos tomorrow for sure

Austin L.

deeznutz

OK, so it looks like it did happen. :p

HOw does that bottom trim look?  I don't want it on my new tank.  My last one
looked cheap and the corners looked like it was bent by a 4 year old lol
Is it a one piece trim?

-dan

Austin

I haven't looked at it closely but I will call them as I'm  pretty sure I asked for no trim at all.

Austin L.

Jewel

One thing I did notice about your stand is that you've closed it in on the back, Ventilation is important for your sump. I've always left the back of the stand open. Just a thought.

Austin

Jewel link said:
One thing I did notice about your stand is that you've closed it in on the back, Ventilation is important for your sump. I've always left the back of the stand open. Just a thought.

I have a 5 inch fan in the back and multiple holes drilled for air flow but that was one reason I moved all the electronics out of the cabinet because I did feel it was a little closed in....nice catch though not many people noticed that

Austin L.