Redneck II

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
well started my recreation,settled on the same sized tank,a 135 with dual overflows,was easiest course of action,will post pics as it progresses,and on 1 further note,i did actually wrestle it in off the truck and onto that stand myself

P

phi delt reefer

nice buy pulp... u coming to the swap?

is the cube still running?

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
yes to both,the cube is pretty full and all the life in there is staring at the new tank now,with winter commin i figured id better get off my ass and make a decision on doing something so i took the easiest route

MDGraves

Is you alter ego "super reefer" to get off yourself!! Lol
It took TNTracing all we had to get my 135 in the house without killing ourselves
Good job bro

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
MDGraves link said:
Is you alter ego \"super reefer\" to get off yourself!! Lol
It took TNTracing all we had to get my 135 in the house without killing ourselves
Good job bro

Thanks,they wrapped it for shipping with 1/2" cardboard,only time i was concerned was when i had to get it onto that stand at 42" high , unwrapped

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Re: Redneck II update

well, thanksgiving weekend is over,its amazing when you need a hand on a holiday(when most are home) you get the excuses "I'm eating dinner" or "Ive got family visiting" isn't it?  LOL  oh well,i decided to relocate my tank,stand and 70 gallon sump to the garage,myself yet again.man this tank sure has travelled.anyhow i have started the assembly and will post a journal so to speak as it progresses,i figure it will take some time as this time around i do have to purchase some outside parts,the holes were smaller than the original redneck so adapters are in full use.got new reeflo blowhole pump installed on sump,a note that i did crack my return on the sump when i was moving it (never lift by the bulkhead when you have a shutoff installed)LOL )and patched it so will have to wait a few days till i can fill it with water to see if i was successful

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Looks like you are making progress!

Hope you didn't have to move that thing all by yourself again :-\

Since your tank will be in the garage, I am sure it is well insulated for those "mild" Highgate winters?

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
thanks teebone,and yes i did move it myself as i mentioned earlier,mention 6' tank and all seem to disappear it seems,actually i just finished insulating and putting a double vapour barrier, and that with the mild highgate winters i hope all goes smooth

Blob-79

Super Active Member
that sucks, you do have it on the high setting right? :p

Just by chance did you try filling up a pail to see what the actual gph is? by chance do you have a kilowat? Kinda glad i didnt order one now..

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
yes,ive tried all 3 speeds,im thinking this would make a real good return pump,i didnt actually check the GPH with a bucket but was hoping to use it on a skimmer,damn,gotta rethink the bugger badder MRC3 with dual injectors,this pump would only rinse it out,i think they will take it back !00% but i paid duty and will have to cover return shipping im sure

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Re: Redneck II Updated picks

all but the internal tank plumbing is cut,glued and drying,i hope to have a dry run,or should i say a leak free run this morning,spent the day yesterday and this morning finishing the sump plumbing,i sure hope it all cleans up nice and runs quiet,Ive decided to try and use the reeflo pump for the return on the double manifold.i have allotted some extra outlets for future add ons and if the return has the pressure for appliances that don't require high pressure it should be fine,and thanks blob for your generous offer to save me the shipping charges of sending it back and offer to purchase it at a greatly reduced rate.  lol  great to see we can all help each other out

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
yes,but mu crack repair on the sump isnt doing so well,patched it from the outside just now,hope it holds otherwise i will have to drain it out and figure out how to patch it,this is totally custom fit so hate to just replace the sump at this point

S

shayneh

Why is the skimmer up so high in relation to the pump? Don't know what model reeflo you got but you've easily added 4 feet of head. Another common problem is restricting the intake and the outlets. For instance if a pump uses a 3/4inch outlet it is better to plumb using a 1inch line. This reduces friction as the water against the wall of the plumbing acts like a cushion allowing the water in the middle of  the column to move faster.