125 Gallon Fowlr

MeridiaRose

Thanks, I'm leaving it for now unless the population surges and/or it becomes massive. I've cut back on the amount I feed the fish because let's face it I know I over feed.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

MeridiaRose

Not really any updates. I've been letting the tank mature before I add anymore. The kenya tree coral I have has dropped a branch which is now growing out from the rock. That's what I want, hopefully I can get a nice forest happening.

I'm more or less waiting to see what Santa Claus brings as I did provide a list ... Mainly $$$ so I can grab the stuff myself lol.

I do have some pictures from the other day.

c65f6c116e942bbda8192138e95d78f4.jpg

5ebbcbf69a6e5802c4c995e4ec4564e7.jpg

MeridiaRose

Quick 2 month update since I grabbed the tank from KingTang:

The fish are doing really well, in fact the clownfish are starting to twitch when they twirl around each other.

All three fish recognize me especially at feeding time. They could be anywhere in the tank as soon as I stand in a certain spot they race over and wait at the surface for me to feed them.

The Kenya Tree looks like it's getting a bit bigger, someone knocked it off the rock onto the sand, it seems to be doing well in its new location so I'm happy to leave it there, especially since a new one had started to grow in the original spot.

I added a few more pieces of live rock to make another cave.

Overall, I'm still overjoyed with this tank and can't wait till I have some $$$ to add to it. Hopefully in the new year, for now these three have the tank to themselves.

d555f94d548f646c73edabdfa3ab5cf3.jpg

b7f22afde1ac26db1bff93eb00c2819d.jpg

0430416776e2442c306da46d6877d779.jpg

67d91023048da85c36d245f9628a97ab.jpg

KingTang

I love seeing the updates!!! Yah those fish have a personality, they've been raised in a tank for over 6 years now so they are familiar with people. I use to play a game where I would go from one end of the tank and they would follow and then head over to the other side and they would follow you again. The clowns seemed unsepertable in my smaller tank, glad to see them back to always swimming together, they are a power team! Hopefully Santa brings you aquarium gifts this year! P.S. Love the urchin, he/she looks cool!

MeridiaRose

I'll have to try that game out lol. Yeah they are great fish, couldn't ask for better! The urchin is fun until he knocks something over lol.

MeridiaRose

Just a couple pictures (I got a new phone).

a54cfd701c355ffe0575bd19edd9f49a.jpg

8a99a929926978632ec317cae9611c81.jpg

f5b497b80fdc4fb12259e8faee5777e4.jpg

139dc358c259299fffdcf8308dbbbacf.jpg

.. Ignore the sand bed it needs to be cleaned

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

KingTang

I think some snails and a conch will stir up the sand real nice! Love the pics. I only come to the forum now to see them!!! I just showed my wife and she was happy to see the fish.

MeridiaRose

So the hang on back filter started making this really loud noise last week and I didn't think much of it, figured with a good clean it would stop. So I took it apart yesterday and cleaned it now the bloody thing won't turn back on. So since I was planning on replacing it eventually anyways, I went out and bought the Fluval FX-6. It's rated for a 400 gallon, but I figure the more filtration the better.

I know there are mixed feelings on canister filters especially for saltwater tanks. I figured since I'm planning on mainly keeping this tank as a FOWLR and if I keep on my cleaning schedule then I should be good.

Its massive, but super quiet. Here's a quick look at the beast.

0153ceed43cda5cdfe0d959495fbc364.jpg

KingTang

Nice! I'm surprised the filter went. It was literally brand new, maybe 2-3 weeks old when I sold it to you. I'm disappointed it didn't last :( , but the new filter looks badass!

MeridiaRose

Nice! I'm surprised the filter went. It was literally brand new, maybe 2-3 weeks old when I sold it to you. I'm disappointed it didn't last :( , but the new filter looks badass!
I'm surprised it went too, but that's okay. I'm excited for this filter. It's huge! And I think it gives the top of the tank a cleaner look.

OrcaSB

We use the FX6 on a lot of our FOWLR tanks and they work perfectly fine. Just make sure you clean the media out frequently or it will become a breeding ground for phosphates and nitrates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeridiaRose

That's good to know, thanks. I figure if I keep up on a good cleaning schedule I should be okay.

MeridiaRose

So I had a not so great Christmas. Christmas Day I was attacked by my cousins dog (bull dog/boxer mix) and spent Christmas in the hospital .. I have a partially amputated ring finger on my left hand (doctors orders, I can't wear my engagement ring for awhile). There's a good chunk missing and the dogs tooth took part of my bone .. I've been to the emergency room, the plastic surgeon and my own doctor more times in the past two weeks than I care for. I'm back at the doctors again tomorrow. I have stitches but there wasn't enough skin left over to completely close so I have an open wound that's been hastily stitched together with the hopes that it will close on its own in a couple weeks. Having said all that I'm not allowed (for obvious reasons) to put my hand in any of my tanks so I'm just taking in the view for now.

Thought I would share a couple pictures that I took this morning.

24e1e5327641b97d3cf5f5277d4c9e03.jpg

5ec0a38f61a31ec93adfc662c0129151.jpg

66c976b6832d4a5e9b5ac4ba000f9cbf.jpg

Hope everyone had a much better Christmas than I.

Jesse Servant

Wow, very sorry to hear that...
I will be in Guelph on Saturday visiting family, so if you need a hand doing a quick water change or cleaning filter socks or whatever, please feel free to message me :)
I know we are essentially strangers, but I have met a few of the members here already, and I'd be more than happy to lend you a hand...literally.
Hope you're back to getting your hands wet soon!

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk