140G Custom Miracles Reef

C

Camps23

Hi all,
I recently just upgraded from a 75G LPS tank (setup for about 1 yr) to a custom Miracles 52x26x23 3 sided starphire tank with C2C overflow. It took me about a week to swap everything over using rubbermaid bins for livestock and existing water. I setup the tank in my basement against a wall that backs onto a storage room. The tank has 3 drains and 2 returns. I drilled 3" holes thru the drywall in 5 places behind the tank to run all my plumbing into the storage/fish room. In the fishroom I setup a stand that is 96x24x14. I have a 40G custom saline solutions sump and a 40G breeder (my sump from previous tank) that I plan to plumb in for online water changes. My stand was handmade by the previous reefer who owned the tank. The stand is made out of mahogany and is showroom quality, he did an amazing job! I have in the ballpark of 150+ lbs of tonga/fuji/ecoreefer rock and a 1.5" special grade reef sand substrate. It was actually a fairly smooth swap over from the 75 - 140 only real issue was 2 leaky bulkheads that never leaked during the initial FW test run. They only started leaking (very slow drip) after the 2nd day. I was able to drain the overflow and silicon around a small area were the water was dripping. The aquascape went really well as I added roughly 60lbs of dryrock and a few large tonga pieces to the new tank. The Ecoreefer dryrock is sooo nice to work with, so many shapes that seem to almost snap together (Thanks to Torsten for letting me picka nd choose to get exactly what I wanted!) I used mainly epoxy and some tieraps to form a rock arch near the center of the tank.
Pics should be posted in the next day or so......

My Equipment list is as follows:
ATI sunpower 8x54W 48" fixture
36" vertex illumilux marino blu LED accent lighting
2 x mp40's
Super Reef Octopus 3000int skimmer
Red Dragon 6.5 return pump (feeding 2 returns and reactor)
Vertex uv-15 reactor
Water General RD106 RODI units
RKL Controller

Stocklist:
Yellow Tang
Blonde Naso Tang
Mandarin Dragonet
Royal Dottyback
Blackcap Basslet
Sand Sifting Goby
Flame Angel
Whip Fin Fairy Wrasse
Ocellaris Clowns (x2)

P

phi delt reefer

nice and high end... :eek:

cant wait to see what you do with the scape.

C

Camps23

phi delt reefer link said:
nice and high end... :eek:

cant wait to see what you do with the scape.

Thanks phi / teebone
Phi,
The scape is now complete. It took me about 3 try's to get it how I visioned it. That EcoReefer rock is amazing. I was able to build the arch I had planned. Works been crazy so I will try to post pics as soon as I can.

E

estwing2

Miracles tank's are great. That is were we buy our glass from to build our tanks :)

C

Camps23

Sorry for the delay. Sorry for the photos still learning my way around the camera. Enjoy

C

Camps23

Pics of room with sump. 40G acrylic sump, a 40G breeder for online water changes will be add next to the sump

C

Camps23

P8120078-2.jpg

S

Siderjan

Looks Awesome!!  I have some blue mushroom I'm growing out.  Will give yah some when they start multiplying.  My green stripped moved again leaving 3 more behind.

C

Camps23

pulpfiction1 link said:
[quote author=parksy link=topic=1322.msg10393#msg10393 date=1318496329]
WOW!! nice looking tank!!!

no kiddin
[/quote]

Thanks guys....
Things are going really well since the change over in July.
Im in the process of shooting a video of the tank and setup. I will post a link when its done

S

Siderjan

Camps23 link said:
[quote author=pulpfiction1 link=topic=1322.msg10395#msg10395 date=1318500933]
[quote author=parksy link=topic=1322.msg10393#msg10393 date=1318496329]
WOW!! nice looking tank!!!

no kiddin
[/quote]

Thanks guys....
Things are going really well since the change over in July.
Im in the process of shooting a video of the tank and setup. I will post a link when its done
[/quote]

I go away for a weekend hoping to come back to a video...and I'm still waiting!!  LOL!