140g rimless reef

nexusnight

So my tank is finally coming together :eek: and thought id put up a build on it. Ordered most of my gear and the glass for the tank is coming in the next week or so. Im looking to see if im missing anything vital that i may have overlooked. Below is a list of what I have and ordered.
Glass for 140gallon tank silicone and bulkheads
stand is done
sump is done
Vertex IN 180 skimmer
Reeflo dart/ snapper pump
5 AI hydras, 4 for the main tank and one for the frag tank ;D
Controller for lights
Vertex RODI unit
30 Gallon food grade drum
float valve for drum, hose
ATO system w/pump
2 300w wiepro heaters
2 wp40 pumps
1 Deltec fr509 reactor
Box o salt

I know I still need the obvious plumbing, overflows,rock,substrate,filter socks
I feel I am missing something though. will get some pics of what's done tomorrow.... hopefully.
Stay tuned hope to do lots of pics and maybe video too :popcorn2:

nexusnight

sorry still no pics  :( been swamped this week. however i did make it  out to posidens for some real nice live rock today. should be set now for that. I guess due to the lack of responses i didnt forget much if anything.

Any thoughts on the list of needs, or what do you wish you had done better?

nexusnight

Ok so finally I had a chance to play with some gear. Most of my stuff has come in but still waiting on a few major items. Stand is 90% done, just needs holes for plumbing through the top. Today I picked up my light hanging rails that I had machined, and set them up for some final drilling and tweaking. Anyway heres some pics!!!! :eek:

nexusnight

Yuppers home built stand. Mad from recycled oak church pews. It was a ton of work to make the would useable. So far i love the hydras. I have one unit over my frag tank and the colours look awesome. Def have to b carefull as im in light acclimation mode and stuff that was shaded a bit from tje hallide showed se signs of bleaching. No problems now though.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Hah ! Now I can put a face to the handle, it was nice chatting with you today, I absolutely love your cabinet, and those lights look fabulous, can hardly wait to see the finished product. Also loved the sump Gary was working on today, great design.
Sunnykita

nexusnight

thanks alot everyone. My original sump was going to be too small for my likeing so I decided what the hey. go big or go home!!!! Gary has done a fantastic job on the new sump. Will get up a couple pics and some vids today or tomorrow.

nexusnight

lights are hung :) used adjustable hangers to play with the height if needed. Hope to build the tank tomorrow and then get on to the plumbing.

Anyone experience when shooting pics of leds they have a constant flash in the camera? In some of the pics I took u could even see that some lights were off or dimmer than the others while to the eye there was no flicker.

nexusnight

Tanks finally built and comming along. Still have to install overflows. Sump is home too:))
will get some pics up of the sump room tonight.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Holy smokes, that looks fantastic, looks professionally done IMO.  :eek:  When you're up and running I'll be near the front of the line to see it in person. 

nexusnight

Thanks guys so far its all been diy. Gary at sealife did the sump and man its pretty sexy lol. Stay tuned:eek:

nexusnight

Been a busy week at work. Managed to get the back painted black bulkheads installed and overflows in. Ready for plumbing this weekend and a water test. I can't wait to get aqua scraping.
ybevusum.jpg
ysy7a8ar.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free