$19 Hose Bibb Assembly

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Before we get into the realms of moderation ;)

There are differences in points of view in this hobby. Maybe someone is wrong or uninformed in your books but is doing what they feel is correct based on the knowledge they have. It goes both ways, challenging the accepted norms can move the hobby forward but it also comes with risks. Those risks affect other living things, and not just the wallet. Be on your toes and be prepared if your method does not work out.

Personally, I am comfortable in my tried and tested thinking. Happy with my RODI and keeping metals that are not added by me specifically out of the tank. To me tap water is one of those variables I can eliminate when any problems arise in the system. I did my initial fill with tap though :)

Ok everyone.. Forum Hug

:)
Your right, I'll say no more.

Jewel

All we can do is do our best. I know that water quality is very important to me and I'll not only have an RO/DI unit, It'll be running at it's optimum level. I feel confident that that is the way to go.It doesn't bother me that some use tap water with or with out conditioners. And yes somethings do work for some and not others. Good luck to you and Cal? Don't beat your head against the wall, It won't change anything.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
i just stick to what works for me and share my findings im sure no two people here do the same thing or keep the same levels but we all have similarities plus is nice to hear what others are doing because so little is known about the saltwater coral we all keep and things are constantly changing and new discoveries being made therefore we are the for front of conservation and science spending alot of time monitoring and recording changes and levels and what our changes affect i believe as long as you have a long running system without surprises popping up all the time you are definately doing things right after all our tanks are pretty much a glass box science lab breaking the impossible