20 years ago...

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Big_Als_London link said:
I was in Grade 8 I believe

ya i was just a young one too.. i still remember they day they figured out what happened.. i think it was a few days later.. anyways that night on letterman Blind melon played and shannon hoon had a big question mark on his forehead.. and he ended it with a goodbye to cobain on behalf of everyone.. shitty buzz that hes gone too now.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Kurt and Nirvana in general definitely set the stage.... Unfortunate that he turned to suicide... Oddly enough he is far from being the only iconic musician who did the same. So many really.... Even in this modern day....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
To be honest if he was going to off himself anyway, I wished he had done it before he put out that shit piece of crap album an started a full decade of whiney, stand-on-stage-in-flannel-staring-at-your-shoes garbage. 

Killed MTV and muchmusic almost overnight.  Nobody wants to watch a video of a loner antisocial whiner wandering around complaining about the price of french fries (or whatever they were moaning about).  Gone were fast cars, big racks and songs about boozing it up proper.  In fact, I blame him for the disappearance of the high-thigh bikini too.  Oh and for courtney love.  And plague. 

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
To be honest if he was going to off himself anyway, I wished he had done it before he put out that (Poop) piece of crap album an started a full decade of whiney, stand-on-stage-in-flannel-staring-at-your-shoes garbage. 

Killed MTV and muchmusic almost overnight.  Nobody wants to watch a video of a loner antisocial whiner wandering around complaining about the price of french fries (or whatever they were moaning about).  Gone were fast cars, big racks and songs about boozing it up proper.  In fact, I blame him for the disappearance of the high-thigh bikini too.  Oh and for courtney love.  And plague. 
this coming from a guy who still thinks a mullet is cool.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=8318.msg91481#msg91481 date=1398440262]
To be honest if he was going to off himself anyway, I wished he had done it before he put out that (Poop) piece of crap album an started a full decade of whiney, stand-on-stage-in-flannel-staring-at-your-shoes garbage. 

this coming from a guy who still thinks a mullet is cool.
[/quote]
+1

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Heh, it was crap.  I was happy to see it all peter out around 2000 or so.  I think perl jam did a reunion tour with spice girls a few years ago but that was about it.  Good riddance. 

BUSINESS IN FRONT PARTY IN BACK!!! \m/

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Salty Cracker link said:
Heh, it was crap.  I was happy to see it all peter out around 2000 or so.  I think perl jam did a reunion tour with spice girls a few years ago but that was about it.  Good riddance. 

BUSINESS IN FRONT PARTY IN BACK!!! \m/

having seen pearl jam live 5 times in the last 10 years.. they are by far the best band i have ever seen live and i must say i disagree with you about them, i dont think the spice girls have toured with them.. nor are they doing reunion tours, since they would have had to have broken up for a reunion tour.. they do however sell out every venue in the world in record time still.. all while sticking it to ticket master. any fans who havent seen them live i strongly suggest you take the time to see them when they come around next, theres nothing else like it.

[youtube]hvtdbfI1sqQ
[/youtube]