220 Gallon Reboot. Tonga Branch And Shelf

reef keeper

Super Active Member
I'm overrun with GHA at the moment, and the queens are still doing great. 3 feasts a day of baby brine shrimp lol. I put on gfo last week, and changed it again yesterday. Today- the GHA is starting to turn brown.

I also added a baby yellow eyed Kole and a ring tailed tang that was a rescue from a dirty tank at an LFS. Along with a team of turbos and my lawnmower Blenny, I don't think the GHA will be around a whole lot longer.

I added a forest fire digi that never really did anything in my previous setup. Guess what. Fully extended and beautiful bright red.

Last week I added an avast marine Kalk stirrer, which will allow me to get away from using my ATO pump to dose alk from my top off reservoir - which will hopefully extend the life of the pump.

With all that going on, I also had all 3 fans on my 8 bulb 5 ft ATI fixture went. ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

@bart84 had 3 spares from a fixture he's rebuilding and hooked me up with those. After a quick mod, I got them in and they work perfectly.

While I had the light down, I also replaced all the reflectors in the fixture with brand new, shiny reflectors. Wow. That's a lot of light shining in there lol

I put the acrylic shield back in the light, so everything will stay nice and shiny for a while longer.

Last edited:

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Today I checked my PO4 and nitrates, since the hair algae is well on its way to the grave.

Nitrates are down to 10 and po4 has dropped precipitously to .04.

I put some sps in there yesterday, just to see how they liked the levels.

Today - everyone looks happy!!!!

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Things are now moving along in a great direction. I ended up having a velvet outbreak (without quarantine it's inevitable) and lost most of my fish.

I picked up a 75g qt, and ran my my first group through CP and a round of prazi pro.

In my DT now I have a small adult coloured emp, foxface, lavender tang, diamond goby, a coup,e of wrasse and a chalk bass.

In qt currently, I have (all small) asfur angel, blue face angel, a stunning pair of bellus, 4 bangai Cardinal, blond naso and a small Achilles.

Everyone is eating (Achilles naturally has ich) and doing well.

I'm treating with ich shield powder for 21 days, and then prazi, with another week of observation.

As far as my sps goes - everything is encrusting like crazy, and growing well.

I've added a MASTERFLEX pump to my calcium reactor, which has turned the ph reading on my apex into a flat line. Dead even, and my tank is very very consistent.

reef keeper

Super Active Member
I will post some today. The goby has cleaned all the sand and sand stormed it lol. Filter socks are taking out everything still.

Least the sand is white ;)

reef keeper

Super Active Member
I just added an amazing Red Sea regal, that I think is pushing about 5", which is a bit bigger than my emp lol. Also have a Juvi blue face and a Juvi annularis, as well as a small flame angel.

Everyone still doing great and the sps has taken off - encrusting like mad with some growth tips. What's weird is that after I added the last round of Angels, the PE is getting much BETTER

reef keeper

Super Active Member
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg