34 Gallon Cube

Alberych

Added a few more corals this week... Canopy is in progress (the skeleton of it is built, just need to skin it and paint it. Also broke out my cheap little celestron usb microscope to try and get some pictures...

qRlHpc8.jpg

jhpuSxR.jpg

Top left of this one is the best shot I could get of a copepod. I picked up some from David last week and the population has EXPLODED. They are all over the glass and sand this morning.

On another note, I am trying to get an id in on the browny stuff growing on the glass there. I think it might be calothrix cyano. I don't think it's a true algae because it doesn't look like anything I'm familiar with, and nitrates have been totally undetectable (Red Sea Pro kit) since the sulfur denitrator came online. Phosphates are at .04 (Hanna ULR). It's not bad by any means, but I've been scrubbing it off the rocks (in situ) and changing out filter floss an hour later to try and export whatever nutrients it's locking up.

Last edited:

Elizabeth

So much for David telling him not to waste his time looking for copepods, he went straight for the microscope. :D

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
So much for David telling him not to waste his time looking for copepods, he went straight for the microscope. :D
I'm probably way worse. I inspect every batch I harvest with huge macro lenses to make sure they are concentrated and have varied contents :p. Wish they were just a little bigger. That Yakuza is looking fine. I would love to see the Orange Passion and Silver Surfer under the T5s+LEDs.