4th Annual Fragfest

theyangman

Distinguished Member
I didn't buy any rock from you. *shrug* I paid you for rock that I got like 4 months ago. Ha ha ha.

But that being said, I did buy some of Ben's frag plates, and some little cement bases for frag plugs from big al's.

I'll admit that they are technically supplies, but they are specifically related to frags. My general comment about not shopping for other stuff was about actual equipment like skimmers or power heads, or supplies such as salt or light bulbs. Anything specifically frag related would obviously make sense.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I would buy a powerhead or a skimmer at a frag swap if it was a sweet discount, but I would like to see new items in the hobby as well. That one year the one guy had a whole bunch of awesome looking little skimmers and reactors, and I think he sold almost everything (although I heard mixed reviews on the quality). I mean, frag table after frag table is very nice, but it's nice to have a mix.

I do plan to keep all the MLM tables out. "No, I really don't think this group would be interested in an arbonne table". I'm going to start a list of companies that are just dying to get into any kind of show... There was arbonne, some kind of super juice, some other skin goop, there was one woman, I don't even know what she sold, it was ACN or something, and it went from "no I don't think this show is for you" to her trying to get me to switch long distance or some shit. Was kind of funny. They should all get together and have a big MLM show, where absolutely NOBODY goes, but they try to recruit everyone from other booths. Hmmmmm....

heath

Distinguished Member
I think that it would be neat if a company brought out their new stuff/equipment, always nice to see whats happening..fish related of course

heath

Distinguished Member
what about the legion in Mt Brydges, I know its a bit further to drive.. but, they have tons of parking. that way you/we would still be supporting our veterans..

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
There is actually a bit more to the reasoning behind the london location: insurance & licensing issues are all squared away with city hall as long as I do it in town... plus I've personally talked to bylaw officers, city police, and even natural resources guys here. I have them all on speed dial in case someone tried to crash the party :) I'm not sure if the other shows get all the goodies that go along with hosting a show, but I have my ass covered as long as I keep it in town. One of the benefits of having a really good liability lawyer on retainer, as well as a contract lawyer and a litigation lawyer as best friends, they hand hold me through things that might get me sued :)

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I for one was ready to testify against you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Well why do you think I took all those pictures. Dughhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heath

Distinguished Member
be nice guys, who else would do our frag fest, but, just a thought, there would probly be room at the Middlesex/Oxford detention center and I would think the rates would be cheap..lol..