4th Annual - London Frag Fest 2016

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I vote, thefragtank.ca sets up at the raffle table and I would more then happily monitor and direct the raffle. After all, you do enough at this event. Yes, there is a lot of help, but I could combine a table and the raffle nicely. Something to sit on there.
I like that idea:)

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I love the events, I missed the auction in Branford and I live there. I hate crowds and pushing and shoving people crowded around the tables. I understand that it's an event to get the vendors names and products out there and making connections with fellow hobbyists.

This is a crazy idea but here it goes. I would prefer if the vendor has the possibility to bring a certain type of frag and x amount of each item they would post it. Like salty cracker did just the other day. Then those items could be preordered and prepaid. Generating more money for vendors to maybe bring in other stuff or more of a hot seller.

I would then be able to go in and pick up the frags I preordered and then have the time to look at the other stuff that I'm sure to buy.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I love the events, I missed the auction in Branford and I live there. I hate crowds and pushing and shoving people crowded around the tables. I understand that it's an event to get the vendors names and products out there and making connections with fellow hobbyists.

This is a crazy idea but here it goes. I would prefer if the vendor has the possibility to bring a certain type of frag and x amount of each item they would post it. Like salty cracker did just the other day. Then those items could be preordered and prepaid. Generating more money for vendors to maybe bring in other stuff or more of a hot seller.

I would then be able to go in and pick up the frags I preordered and then have the time to look at the other stuff that I'm sure to buy.

Some vendors do that at the London Frag Fest. They only post some as some vendors will presell most everything leaving not much left for the door at the people. Although, if you do no like crowds, you may want to skip the London one. I havent heard the numbers yet for Brantford, but from being there, I think London has a lot more people.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I haven't even picked a weekend yet, I can just avoid the 17th if that's when kaotic wants to hold an event, it's all good.

As for raffles, it would be great if fragtank helped with the raffles, or maybe if I put MAST and FRAGTANK next to each other they can both do some of it, which would allow both to have free time as well?

The raffles are becoming tough. So much competition now, businesses just either don't respond or say "already gave", so that was another issue last year (thank you to those that stepped up!!)

I will chat with the hall at some point, see if maybe they got rid of the cranky bitch I dealt with last year (probably not) and lock down a date, so either the 9th or the 23rd I suppose.

zoomster

Is the London show always in April? And...
Can we please inform the vendors that they need to confirm who actually owns and maintains the reef tank when selling corals?
My WIFE spent 75% - 80% of MY "coral budget" at the Brantford show ( my first ever). At one point i went to the mens room and when i got back, i heard " you need to give this nice man $200 " o_O.
I am pretty sure @heath helped her too.
She did get some nice ones though! :) Lol.

zoomster

I know this is a ways off still but....will you be doing name tags at the London show?
when it was talked about for the Brantford show i was kinda like, seems a little grade school-ish. but there were so many great people there that I know from here but wouldn't if i fell over them. short of asking every single person who they are, i left wishing we maybe had worn name tags. so i could have talked to some of the awesome members that were there!
just my new view and 2 cents worth here.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
I know this is a ways off still but....will you be doing name tags at the London show?
when it was talked about for the Brantford show i was kinda like, seems a little grade school-ish. but there were so many great people there that I know from here but wouldn't if i fell over them. short of asking every single person who they are, i left wishing we maybe had worn name tags. so i could have talked to some of the awesome members that were there!
just my new view and 2 cents worth here.
When I went to a Michigan frag show at flint they gave us sticky back hello my name is tags that we had to use our forum nick name on it

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I will personally buy the Hello My Name is stickers and sharpies to be left at the door price table. That is where TFT will most likely have our banner and tank set up as well. They will be there if you want them. But please use them, if any are left over, @Salty Cracker may end up using them as nipple pasties by the end of the show.

Pipes

Not to be pushy, but do we have a firm date and time? I have never been to one of these shows, so I will need an address too.