90gal Sps And Zoa Garden (pic Heavy)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
and some pics.... will look 5x better once i make my way to erics to pick up my sps and a few new frag
IMG_20150202_190510.jpg IMG_20150202_190718.jpg IMG_20150202_191230.jpg IMG_20150202_191004.jpg IMG_20150202_191116.jpg
enjoy :)

Last edited:

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
looking good great job so fast too

half of it was luck...gonna raise zoa garden on egg crate to accomodate the thick layer of seafloor special slowly going in 1 cup a week only good thing about it is it will be washed well. seahare has taken care of the gha pretty good but my cleanup crew is lacking bad and lost 2 of my 3 flame scallops and a good 3/4 of my red monti died over time but all other monti digi and caps are doing good zoos love it the fuzzy and pink birdsnest are doing good and phos is low enough to start planning the return.... i thaught i had alot before and keep remembering its half in others tanks still

half of it was luck...gonna raise zoa garden on egg crate to accomodate the thick layer of seafloor special slowly going in 1 cup a week only good thing about it is it will be washed well. seahare has taken care of the gha pretty good but my cleanup crew is lacking bad and lost 2 of my 3 flame scallops and a good 3/4 of my red monti died over time but all other monti digi and caps are doing good zoos love it the fuzzy and pink birdsnest are doing good and phos is low enough to start planning the return.... i thaught i had alot before and keep remembering its half in others tanks still
that's so weird that the red monti died and the others did not

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
that's so weird that the red monti died and the others did not
yep even the multitude of broken digi peices are alive. i figure while everything was going crazy param wise plus only had 2 ai modules and 1 powerhead for a while it musta not liked its spot but being so big didnt have much of a choice at the time.... on a side note my aussie lobo stung it a year ago and same thing but it fully recovered... maybe is a repeat who knows

heath

Distinguished Member
steve, how did you hang your lights, I don't have the option of drilling into the ceiling so trying to figure out some type of method, any suggestions?

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
steve, how did you hang your lights, I don't have the option of drilling into the ceiling so trying to figure out some type of method, any suggestions?
in the living room with the textured ceiling i just found the stud and screwed in those hooks that come with a coloured plastic coating just make sure hook itself isnt plastic as some are you want metal ones and i used 1/16" cable and anchors to custom make the lengths ill post a cople pics of my sh light s and other lights

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Wow looking good - gotta love when a plan comes together ;)
Thanks havnt spent too much time on looks yet and still about 55lbs of seafloor to add. I feel like a kid that lost his lollipop, i swear i had a dream last night about bringing the rest back home lol seems so empty right now but i already see how much of a pain in the you know what its gonna be placing everything... kinda glad i lost a couple and sold a ton, to be honest dont know how its gonna fit but it'll happen :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Forgot to post pics of the liquid rubber i painted to seal inside my wood stand.... im still not done so you can see before and after this was 3 very thin coats with a brush... roller would have looked smoother but i really dont care for under there i just dpnt want mold or mildew to start ever!

Alowe and nater both got to check out the sh's and the reef today as well so can finish my zoa garden now that nater got me some more smaller peices thanks again by the way they were all perfect sizes :)

Another member asked how tacky it is it does have a little tac but is pure rubber and is very minute ( home depot stuff is very tacky and is the same formula as our tool handle dip please dont use this garbage as it will peel within 5 years if not sooner already repaired enough to know its garbage) and asked supplier and the tac goes away shortly after eventho is fully cured in 24 hrs the surface oxidizes to the air over a months time.... just how it works i guess. All i know is a 4" tree branch with a 50 ft drop didnt even harm our roofing system

20150203_130633.jpg 20150203_130642.jpg

Last edited:

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Looking good Steve. That rubber looks like it is coating very well. :)
oh ya it would have looked better if i used a roller...... i was so worried all week even tho i covered my sump with cardboard i managed to have a fairly large drip fall in and surprisingly still no ill effects for the whole seven days thank god phew just goes to show how friendly this stuff is not that anyone should ever get it in their water like my stupidity did lol

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
so almost all gha is out the system now figured is a good time to check phosphates now and get a little bit of a more "true" reading.... wasnt as bad as i expected. even tho i got the algae under controle the past lil bit phosphates are still 0.20 long as it keeps going down i will soon have my sps back

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
yay got all my favorite zoos back from dave along with my acans and favia didnt even get them out the tupperware and were already opened back up :) one batch down and one to go as long as my phos keeps co-operating im golden cuz i miss my fancy colourful stix.

thanks again for holding them dave, its amazing to see some doubled in numbers and i forgot just how colourful they are.

IMG_20150208_144141.jpg IMG_20150208_144443.jpg

Now time to do my zoa garden up

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
yayyyy friday phos was 0.20 on hanna checker and today just tested and its sitting at 0.16...... managed that without a water change too so hopefully after i change some tomorrow it will drop below 0.10 in a few days and i can give eric a call :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
better shot of the zoos still gotta for my zoa garden so this is just temporary but gives a good idea of what i got except a few that are hard to see in pic but closeups of each coming soon....
IMG_20150209_124601.jpg

jroovers

Super Active Member
Things are looking great - what kind of lights are you using over your cube out of curiosity?

That rubber product sounds promising, especially if it brushed on easily. I have the HD crap you are talking about, but haven't used it. As it turns out, I may not need it at all.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Things are looking great - what kind of lights are you using over your cube out of curiosity?

That rubber product sounds promising, especially if it brushed on easily. I have the HD crap you are talking about, but haven't used it. As it turns out, I may not need it at all.

Ive got 4 ai sol blues hanging a good 14" off water because i swapped to all narrow beam optics cuz the 125 was deep so is a bit overkill but will be sps dominant

The rubber is great looks better rolled on but was easier to brush is only a bit thicker than actual paint.... inside my cabinet used to hold a slight skim mate smell but that has stopped since and is only 3/4 painted i need to shut down return and move sump to finish but been too lazy