Any Rc Fans Around

What RC do you enjoy most

• Total voters

Cliff

Ok guys who can help? I am looking for some help with my boys helion dominus 10sc. The motor went on the car and I would like to replace it with a brushless but I know very little when it comes to rc' s can someone tell me what motor I should get and where?

Attachments

• IMG_8046.JPG
    IMG_8046.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 212

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Ok guys who can help? I am looking for some help with my boys helion dominus 10sc. The motor went on the car and I would like to replace it with a brushless but I know very little when it comes to rc' s can someone tell me what motor I should get and where?
If you switch to brushless you will need a lipo battery and charger and a new electronic speed controller and probably a different remote to bind with the new esc. Personally those brushed motors are beasts and just as reliable especially for high torque. Brushless are more for the super high horse power and speed demons (drones, speed boats, heli's) anything that needs pure power (monster trucks, crawlers, large boats) are better suited for brushed. Any size:540 motor with turns/winding: 21T will work. Go on gearbest and checkout the 540 brushed motors they have one for $13.60 and that's what I have in my Edmund Fitzgerald boat(5' long and 38lbs) and it spins that big 1.5" prop and pushes water stronger than my 1200 gph powerhead can :). They are way cheaper to replace and just pull out the old and hook up the new and your ready to rock.

Here's the link....

Just be sure to get the 21T or you risk burning out your Esc.
http://www.gearbest.com/rc-car-parts/pp_642583.html?lkid=10973049

Let me know if there is anything else you want to know I can tell you what you will need to go brushless if you really want to go that route.

Last edited:

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Lately I've been looking into ideas to build a nice little sub 250g machine to fly around... I want to be able to have some fun at the park near my house without having to deal with Transport Minsiter Garneau's ridiculous new laws... Responsible hobbyists should never have to be concerned with LEO or other 'concerned citizens' who have been instructed to dial 911 when they see us flying (in most cases responsibly).

It makes me sick.

I'll be making a small sub 250 quadcopter and fixed wing fpv aircraft soon so that I can enjoy the hobby and circumvent this stupid law.

...I've written a letter to my MP regarding this law. it's largely based on the Open Letter written by the owner of Great Hobbies (who's also a private pilot) to Minister Garneau.

There's also a great youtube video by a hobbyist and Ottawa police officer that details just how ridiculous these laws actually are.

If anyone is interested in sending a letter to their MP let me know and I can provide the letter I wrote.

I'm not sure how they can enforce the rules of the limitation. Can they actually tell if your flying above 90m? Even if someone called 911, they have to prove it would they not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
I'm not sure how they can enforce the rules of the limitation. Can they actually tell if your flying above 90m? Even if someone called 911, they have to prove it would they not?

Radar can detect birds so I'm sure they would detect a drone as well and the flight path would sure look odd lmao. That's why planes use a transponder beacon otherwise the guys in the tower would have a really hard time. Considering the ongoing incidents even after the new laws were placed, mandatory beacons built in to drones will be next. Unless you are doing something dangerous where people are at risk all a cop will say is "that's awesome".

I hope one day they stop printing warning labels then after a couple years we won't need all these stupid by-laws.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Wow time flies! I remember following this thread when it was active. Does anybody use LiPo batteries? How/where do you store them, given the hot summer and cold winter here? Everything I’ve read about them makes them sound like tiny little bombs, waiting to erupt and burn down your house.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
I store ours in a metal tool box out in our shop

Is it somewhat temperature controlled? I can’t seem to find any mention of where people store them. Inside the house is too risky (if I didn’t have a family, I’d roll the dice).

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Lipo fire bags. They really aren’t that bad if charged and then stored properly.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
So it turns out, cold temps are actually good for storing LiPos.
8737e4231afeb67d4e0350f51d5fdb38.jpg

So now I’m wondering... would a mini fridge contain a lipo fire?

I’m probably overthinking this, but that’s what happens when you get lost in YouTube.