Anyone built an outdoor fireplace??

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
AdamS link said:
City folk, sheesh.

+1, you want a real fire...come on out here, as long as i call my buddy in the fire dept. saying we are having a huge bonfire were good to go.
(in case people call thinking our barn or house is on fire),

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=AdamS link=topic=5291.msg50026#msg50026 date=1367769307]
City folk, sheesh.

+1, you want a real fire...come on out here, as long as i call my buddy in the fire dept. saying we are having a huge bonfire were good to go.
(in case people call thinking our barn or house is on fire),
[/quote]

ert see sha poo?  I sae its de homer jishko fi.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
nexusnight link said:
Try fishers landscape supply on exeter rd. Ive seen something similar to that there.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Oddly enough was just there.  You know the lot is up for sale and they hope to operate in the north end only?  Sucks, fishers is great and close by.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Have you tried centura? Not sure if they do outdoor stone but maybe.

Stone world on wharncliffe?

spyd

Super Active Member
I've seen the same brick at Carpet One in Kitchener... I am sure other Carpet One stores in London would have access to it as well. I was going to use that for my indoor fireplace eventually.

Whatever you do, don't invite my in-laws over for a fire. They built a new house on their farm and decided that instead of tearing down the old place, why not dump gas on it and burn it down, even though the FD told him not to..... It managed to make the CTV news.  ::) It would have been cheaper to tear it down than the cost of the fines!!! MOE was ALL OVER IT!!  :? Thankfully, the FD was out to cool down the shop that was close to the old house because he probably would have lost that too. LOL.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=nexusnight link=topic=5291.msg50064#msg50064 date=1367875417]
Try fishers landscape supply on exeter rd. Ive seen something similar to that there.

Oddly enough was just there.  You know the lot is up for sale and they hope to operate in the north end only?  Sucks, fishers is great and close by.
[/quote]when all else fails. ..go over the border. To lowes or home depot or menards

nexusnight

Fishers is for.sale but only for the right price. Ive dealt with the owner for.a long time and he says hes in no hurry to sell which is great. If u havnt already checkout ferris brick and stone for fire brick,mortor and even ur cap stone. Tjey have lots of goodies and hard to find stuff. There on colonel talbot towards st thomas

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
hopefully the right price is way to high.  :)

I found the veneer stone, had to order through rona but they got it here in a day.  patene has firebrick for @2 a brick so you can't beat that.  The cap stone is still up for grabs, I'll likely pricematch fishers and maybe ferris (I know where they are now that you point them out) 

Thanks for the help!  I'll post up a pic of the new outside 'bar' if I can get time to finish it up :)