Anyone order from frag alot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
As the title says, I'm looking for reviews. Tey have some decent zoas on there for 10$. 8-10 polyps. Do they deliver to your door or a FedEx facility for pickup?

Seggsy

Burc is a nice guy, but from everything I've heard, dealing with him remotely is iffy.  Might not get exactly what you order, condition might not be good.  I've been there a couple of times - usually doesn't have 1/2 the variety of what's listed on the website.

But, he still has a good selection (when I've been), good prices, and sometimes cuts generous frags (though I am not fond of fresh cut and bagging...more is nice though).

In short, worth it in person, but bad shipping rep IMO.

jeff.l

I have been to burcs a few times, I would tend to agree with seggsy.  Decent in person,avoid online

Sent by little green men....

spyd

Super Active Member
Agreed. Nice guy and has a good setup. However, shipping is all ways hit and miss. A lot of his frags are not even remotely encrusted on the plug. Also, you will find that he gives you frags you didnt order if he doesnt have the ones you want in stock. Darryl ships.  ;) and you get what you want.

C

cinci1

Seggsy link said:
[quote author=cinci1 link=topic=4012.msg35834#msg35834 date=1358000307]
why not do a hxxp://coralmaster.com/ order.
Cause they are waaaaaaay too expensive!
[/quote]
true but i don't hear about as many complaints or problems as with the mentioned site. he does have some cheaper stuff. quality is there, i have ordered in the past.looks like he has raised his prices a bit.

J

jones02

Not worth the ordering and getting it shipped when he is what 3 hours from u? And j&L is havinng a sale right now on coral. 20% off. Try them. Or just make a london trip to the LFS

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Burc is a super nice guy and he gets some nice pieces in......all his stuff is from the wild as far as I know and I would strongly suggest going there in person......I have been there many times but never got anything shipped.....why u might ask....? Well because first his website is not up to date by any means.......secondly his pics are never true.......thirdly the names he uses are simply his own if the coral looks something like it....problem is that they are straight from the wild and have not been given time to become acclimated yet so who knows what it is sometimes.....with all that said, his prices are great and he is more than fair to deal with in person......
I found a great coral off him a few months ago.....it was listed as season greetings on his site.....when I seen it in person it was very white looking and needed care.....for $10 I bought it anyways.....well it is no where near the seasons greetings because I believe this is a cap and what he had was a monti....however, it has since colored up nice and is what I have ID'd as "grinch"......very nice monti!!! Loves Light!! It has a darker green body and orange polyps.....I asked if he had anymore of that species he fragged for me but he didn't.....wonder who all got it and if they were able to bring it back to life because if they did they will be loving it as much as I am.....by far the best find I have ever had from burc!!! So by now you should get the gist of what fragalot is about.....and it is by no means all negative either.....but if you want actual high end corals that are what they claim to be then they are not going to be $10 frags......

spyd

Super Active Member
With Darryl, I would suggest just to shoot him a pm of what type of corals your looking for. He has a great selection of zoos, some lps and lots of SPS frags. Not sure if BigShow is shipping yet either but I know he was talking about it.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Krazykarl link said:
Looks like it but there is no where to order. Just view
Ya sorry.  Its not really set up to be a commerce site.  Im really not to the point that I see myself as a business....maybe just an extreme hobbyist  ;D  Feel free to PM if you are looking for some nice frags.  I will add that although I do have some cheap frags some can get expensive too but remember that I dont chop shop, virtually everything I sell I have grown in my system or at the very least I have owned personally for an extended period of time.  I purchase corals for my own enjoyment first...not to flip.  I have collected mostly captive raised well known SPS and my frags are hardy, colourful, established and a decent size.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
Well I have up on sps with all led lighting. Softies and lps seem to like it. So I guess that's the route I have to stick to. I'm on a huge zoa kick Darryl. I want awesome colours and something that will engulf rocks. Reds, yellows, blues, etc. anything to add a huge splash of colour. If you have anything you wish to part with please feel free to pm me and let me know how I can purchase them from you. Thanks

chuckm

"""I found a great coral off him a few months ago.....it was listed as season greetings on his site.....when I seen it in person it was very white looking and needed care.....for $10 I bought it anyways.....well it is no where near the seasons greetings because I believe this is a cap and what he had was a monti....however, it has since colored up nice and is what I have ID'd as "grinch"......very nice monti!!! Loves Light!! It has a darker green body and orange polyps"""

Seasons greeting i have seen and have as encrusting and a capricornis montipora
the grinch is an encrusting form (montipora danae), sort of a reverse sunset.

As far as fragalot goes i've ordered twice ,and won't again, substitutions,small frags and general disapointments. Be cautious, as Seggsy said make the trip in person, or get your frags from Rick  :) , Darryl  ;) or Dave(bigshow) .  You have to consider how much love and time, will go into a $10.00 frag...just saying.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
chuckm link said:
\"\"\"I found a great coral off him a few months ago.....it was listed as season greetings on his site.....when I seen it in person it was very white looking and needed care.....for $10 I bought it anyways.....well it is no where near the seasons greetings because I believe this is a cap and what he had was a monti....however, it has since colored up nice and is what I have ID'd as \"grinch\"......very nice monti!!! Loves Light!! It has a darker green body and orange polyps\"\"\"

Seasons greeting i have seen and have as encrusting and a capricornis montipora
the grinch is an encrusting form (montipora danae), sort of a reverse sunset.

As far as fragalot goes i've ordered twice ,and won't again, substitutions,small frags and general disapointments. Be cautious, as Seggsy said make the trip in person, or get your frags from Rick  :) , Darryl  ;) or Dave(bigshow) .  You have to consider how much love and time, will go into a $10.00 frag...just saying.

That green cap I grabbed form you actually took off pretty good.  Direct lighting, bright green with yellow polyps.  Seems to be a fast grower too.  Maybe I'll add the grinch this fall.  I can see how guys get hooked on cap coral, but damn they kill a lot of lighting for things below!

Status
Not open for further replies.