Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Look like this one?
grinch%20montipora_2.jpg

Nice find!
put me on the waiting list too ;)

chuckm link said:
\"\"\"I found a great coral off him a few months ago.....it was listed as season greetings on his site.....when I seen it in person it was very white looking and needed care.....for $10 I bought it anyways.....well it is no where near the seasons greetings because I believe this is a cap and what he had was a monti....however, it has since colored up nice and is what I have ID'd as \"grinch\"......very nice monti!!! Loves Light!! It has a darker green body and orange polyps\"\"\"

Seasons greeting i have seen and have as encrusting and a capricornis montipora
the grinch is an encrusting form (montipora danae), sort of a reverse sunset.

As far as fragalot goes i've ordered twice ,and won't again, substitutions,small frags and general disapointments. Be cautious, as Seggsy said make the trip in person, or get your frags from Rick  :) , Darryl  ;) or Dave(bigshow) .  You have to consider how much love and time, will go into a $10.00 frag...just saying.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
The grinch pics I have seen look different than the reverse sunset...... Mine looks like the pic teebone posted.....almost identical actually.....the grinch has been the closest pic by far to match it.....it is still small and kind of slow growing.....I had it in lower light for a bit and it did not grow at all....I have moved it to higher light and now it is growing again.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Reef Hero link said:
The grinch pics I have seen look different than the reverse sunset...... Mine looks like the pic teebone posted.....almost identical actually.....the grinch has been the closest pic by far to match it.....it is still small and kind of slow growing.....I had it in lower light for a bit and it did not grow at all....I have moved it to higher light and now it is growing again.....

Where did you get yours from?

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
The pics I found u mean? From various websites on the net......jasonfox has a good pic of it

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=chuckm link=topic=4012.msg35945#msg35945 date=1358092019]
\"\"\"I found a great coral off him a few months ago.....it was listed as season greetings on his site.....when I seen it in person it was very white looking and needed care.....for $10 I bought it anyways.....well it is no where near the seasons greetings because I believe this is a cap and what he had was a monti....however, it has since colored up nice and is what I have ID'd as \"grinch\"......very nice monti!!! Loves Light!! It has a darker green body and orange polyps\"\"\"

Seasons greeting i have seen and have as encrusting and a capricornis montipora
the grinch is an encrusting form (montipora danae), sort of a reverse sunset.

As far as fragalot goes i've ordered twice ,and won't again, substitutions,small frags and general disapointments. Be cautious, as Seggsy said make the trip in person, or get your frags from Rick  :) , Darryl  ;) or Dave(bigshow) .  You have to consider how much love and time, will go into a $10.00 frag...just saying.

That green cap I grabbed form you actually took off pretty good.  Direct lighting, bright green with yellow polyps.  Seems to be a fast grower too.  Maybe I'll add the grinch this fall.  I can see how guys get hooked on cap coral, but damn they kill a lot of lighting for things below!
[/quote]

Bright green with yellow polyps!! Do you have a frag available?

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
teebone110 link said:
[quote author=Reef Hero link=topic=4012.msg37555#msg37555 date=1359068838]
The pics I found u mean? From various websites on the net......jasonfox has a good pic of it

sorry, i thought you had a frag?
[/quote]

Yea I do, I got it from fragalot.....burc already told me he has no more of that colony....

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Here is a crappy pic of it with my iPad....doesn't do it justice....doesn't do anything justice.....what do u think?

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
I've seen a lot of green with red polyp montipora...caps but mostly encrusters...some of different species.  Daves is the one I like best out of all the ones I've seen in person.  Its like a florescent green/yellow.....very bright.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
If Darryl approves, then I have to see BigShow's Reverse Sunset!!!

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
I actually have two different ones myself.  One is dark green and red polyps and the other is from Dave and its more bright green/yellow with more orange/red polyps.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
That is a bushy full peice! Does it retract at night and look all glowy green?

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Ya its great, the polyp extension is unreal with this one, almost hard to believe its a monti.. I bet Bigshow had to touch it to get it to retact in order to take his photo of it.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Darryl_V link said:
I've seen a lot of green with red polyp montipora...caps but mostly encrusters...some of different species.  Daves is the one I like best out of all the ones I've seen in person.  Its like a florescent green/yellow.....very bright.

Thank you Darryl!

This is by far my favourite Monti (that I have).  It is expensive, but that is due to the slow growing nature of this piece and the demand for it.

Cheers,
Dave

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Duke link said:
Ya its great, the polyp extension is unreal with this one, almost hard to believe its a monti.. I bet Bigshow had to touch it to get it to retact in order to take his photo of it.

Yup, in the photo taken above I had to move it for the photo.  I don't have the patience to wait for the polyps to fully open up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.