Apex and ATO

Status
Not open for further replies.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
What are all you apex users using for an ATO?
Do you have the breakoutbox and let the apex control it with float switches?  Or do you use an alternate method?

P

phi delt reefer

Petercar link said:
Tunze osmolater. In the box anda apex running...lol

lol Peter - how much of ur stuff is still in boxes!!!

you need to open a store

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
phi delt reefer link said:
[quote author=Petercar link=topic=4140.msg37674#msg37674 date=1359131027]
Tunze osmolater. In the box anda apex running...lol

lol Peter - how much of ur stuff is still in boxes!!!

you need to open a store
[/quote]

theres no need for that, i pick up the left overs more often than not  ;D

Thanks again Petercar!!

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Is there a way to tie an Tunze ATO to the apex? Or should ato be kept seperate?

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Could it tell me if there is something wrong with my ato pump or if there is a leak? Like if pump runs for "x" minutes and water level isn't reached, turn pump off and email?

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
davesolo29 link said:
yes and no.

without the breakout box to attach float switches to,  the apex will not have any idea if your resovoir is full or not.

Just wanted to make sure it was possible before even planning for it :)

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com
You can plug an entire rig into an apex outlet.  if lets say you are using a salinity probe and monitoring for a sharp decrease you can have the apex turn off the power to the tunze which would override.  This seems like a reasonable failsafe.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I prefer gravity for my ATO .

I have my RODI hooked to an solenoid vlave that the APEX runs.... once a day the apex turns on the valve and the rdoi starts making water.  That water goes to a 2.5 gallon container  above my one sump and then once its full it gets shut off from a float valve.  the wate rthen flows to the other top up container for my other tank... again with a float valve to close the water flow when full. 

The sums in each system have another float valve that opens and closes as the water level decreases and fills back up, draiing the 2.5 gallon containers.  Next day the RODI turns back on again and refills th2 containers again.

I haven't looked at topping off water in 6 months.

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com
Yes if you download the unoffical giide there are insturctions for building your own breakout box out of Radio Sack parts and female mono.  Then all you do is solder and shrink your float switch to an Ipod jack.  I use float switches, diy breakout box and put the ATO outlet on a timmer to turn on for the first 3 minutes of every hour.  I also use a solenoid valve to either put through the Kalk reactor or top off with fresh depending on the state of the pH of the tank.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
tdb320reef link said:
Yes if you download the unoffical giide there are insturctions for building your own breakout box out of Radio Sack parts and female mono.  Then all you do is solder and shrink your float switch to an Ipod jack.  I use float switches, diy breakout box and put the ATO outlet on a timmer to turn on for the first 3 minutes of every hour.  I also use a solenoid valve to either put through the Kalk reactor or top off with fresh depending on the state of the pH of the tank.
we have no radio schack amymore.....lol...its called source

Status
Not open for further replies.