Apex and ATO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
jerry_doucette link said:
I was thinking of adding a basic float with a breakout box.

this basically defeats the "good" of the tunze top off unit.. theres no point in relying on just a float switch to failsafe your ATO, the salinity probe is the way to go or add code to have the ATO run for a max of 30 seconds then off for a min of 4 hours or so.. that way you could catch it if it borks out.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I like the code idea for now as its free. I think I will end up building a DIY breakout box eventually as I would like to just to have a float switch just to see how often my ATO gets activated. I'm sure I can find other uses for the other spots on breakout. I plan on using at least one to install a water bug sensor on floor where my rodi unit is/laundry sink and also in basement where a bit of water comes in when it rains really hard for a long time. I shouldn't have an issue with cable length on just a I/O input should I?

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
The cables needed for DIY can be hard to find.  Din 8 I think.  I got one piece from my build yet.  Counterparts in London near big ALS should have them as well.  They are the old Mac serial cables used way vac in the day:)

Pics from my DIY box are in my build thread I think. I wired in switches so I can bypass the gloat switches and turn things on an off from the basement instead of going to the display ipstairs or using my phone app

Status
Not open for further replies.