apex setup help!!

nexusnight

so finally im trying to get this thing going, wanted to run fusion as per all instruction i followed i tried to flash the apex and update the  firmaware or whatever u call it. Something happend somewhere ??? now i have nothing, diddly squat. blue blank screen staring back at me. the brows utility doesnt find the apex, i cant just redo the flash because it says its in boot loader mode. then i get this "arp" error box. im a dumbass when it comes to this stuff so someone please help me lol

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Did you flash over wifi? Or get impatient and pull the connection/power during the flash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Sounds like you bricked it. 

Check this thread out.
http://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?2063-ARP-Table-error

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Neopimp link said:
Did you flash over wifi? Or get impatient and pull the connection/power during the flash?

+1

Most issues are from flashing using you laptop wirelessly. Also, sometimes it takes 2-3 flashes :/

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

nexusnight

I did do it via wireless on laptop, guess I need to go direct eh? Hardwire to modem then. Will check it out this afternoon

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
nexusnight link said:
I did do it via wireless on laptop, guess I need to go direct eh? Hardwire to modem then. Will check it out this afternoon

You got it.

It actually says it in bold in the instructions. But it is part way down and is missed by 90% of people. It is the #1 answer to 99% of all failed firmware update questions on the neptune forum site. They really need to put it in bold and red as the first step.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

nexusnight

Still having a heck of a time with this thing. Been on the apex forum and had some success. Stuck at the flash program trying to connect and the screen says
Found arp at ip..... See pic below
Any ideas. I've tried power on off everlasting times and the same result. I am direct connected to router as is apex and firewalls are off too.
2egasaju.jpg

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Did you clear your cache before starting?
Are you hard wired?
Did you turn off all firewalls and virus protection, including router?
Are you using safe mode with networking?
What browser are you using?

nexusnight

The problem really is that I don't know the ip on the apex. If I could figure that out I may be able to see this come around. The browser can't find the apex either.

I am hard wired and have disabled firewalls. Running chrome. I haven't cleared my computers  cache, assuming you are referring to that and I can't seem to figure out how to get the computer to boot up in safe mode. I have windows 8 on a asus ultra book.
Guy trying to help on apex community says I need to contact support. That's crappy as I'm home after six everyday. Whish I could get this dang thing to go.

xxmurrxx

Didn't read the whole thread so sorry if this is useless but the cd that comes with the apex has a program to find the ip of your unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
nexusnight link said:
The problem really is that I don't know the ip on the apex. If I could figure that out I may be able to see this come around. The browser can't find the apex either.

I am hard wired and have disabled firewalls. Running chrome. I haven't cleared my computers  cache, assuming you are referring to that and I can't seem to figure out how to get the computer to boot up in safe mode. I have windows 8 on a asus ultra book.
Guy trying to help on apex community says I need to contact support. That's crappy as I'm home after six everyday. Whish I could get this dang thing to go.

I find I have better luck updating when I clear my cache before and after the update. I had a bootloader issue on one of my first updates and couldn't get it to go, I was in safemode with networking, after hours of trying I switched to regular mode dsiabled all firewalls and virus protection and it worked, that's why I was asking.
Try disconnecting everything but 1 EB8 and the controller, cycle the power a couple times, and try it.
Is your ultra book hard wired to the router?
Have you got access to a PC, I couldn't get my vertex doser to update with my laptop but it worked with my PC.

nexusnight

controler was dead, good news though, jerry has helped me out thus far but we hit a block again. found the ip through command prompt and was able to flash the apex unit.
when trying to do the web page update it keeps comming back
Unable to connect to remote server. tried a few times now.

As a plus the apex seems to be on at least. controller is working again giving me temp ect, and i can access the menus.

still dont know why i cant update the web pages and i cant find the apex still in the browser utillity

thanks!!!

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Wow, sorry to hear about that it is still going on.

I have had issues updating the webpages as well. Sometimes takes a few times. I know Jerry knows what he is doing, so must be something odd indeed.  On a plus side, if you do contact customer assistance, they can diagnose your Apex remotely I believe. You can typically see the Apex IP through your router pages as well.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
We will get it figured out this afternoon.

nexusnight

thanks a ton jerry!!!, he figured it out in like 5min lol. apex decided to change its ip address :( fixed now and running. now to wire it up nice. always something to do lol