Apple or android

monizb

Super Active Member
Hey guys not sure if I should go back to an android  I had the s3 then went back to Apple iPhone 4s and notice what a difference in performance apple is slow or is just me I have taken phone in and they replaced it and still sluggish as hell :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marz

My 4s has been slow as ... lately as well. But for now it still works for me. I have no interest in spending $$ for a new phone yet.

Giglio324

i went from an apple 4s which worked well, to a 5 which was poop, to a 5s which is as good if not better than my 4s and has a better battery. 5s is nice id say

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I did the whole Apple thing for a while, iTouches and iPhones and so did my son. But since then we were bit by the Android and I will never go back to Apple. Performance issues and then there is the whole me not agreeing with the way Apple runs its company of what it offers the customers on their products.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
The 4s doesn't handle the ios7 very well at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marz

Torx brings up a good point. Getting tied to the apple ecosystem is exactly that...tied. That said, I use mainly apple products for work and personal. TBH it boils down to preference.

Bfofre

Apple products are inferior to any current Samsung product currently available...  Don't want to start that debate..  But do your research!  Apple market share has taken a beating in the  phone and tablet market

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Most of it is personal preference. I like the options and control that Android provides. Multiple phones and styles to choose from. People stick to Apple because it is a name they know. There are more Apps on Apple. But most apps are pointless. What I like is the ease of use for Android and large array of control you get with Android. iPhone limits a lot of control and everyone knows of the battery horror stories. There are tons of fixes of the battery drain issues, but that is only if you shut off items that you would use every day. Do your reading and take some time playing with both phones. But again, I myself will never go back to apple, not even on a free phone.

Also the software is very much controlled by Apple, meaning you can only do what Apple allows you to do, and only install apps which Apple approves. It is also difficult to put your own music or video content onto an iPhone, with Apple forcing everything through iTunes.

Keep in mind that the Android market place is just picking up speed now. Android was originally known for crashing and instability, but that is old news.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
For the money I think the Google nexus is the best bang for your buck, it's got high end hardware and it's affordable, HTC s new One is going to be really good too.. Basically anything Android from all the manufacturers is amazing.. I could never go back to a blackberry after switching 2 years ago now.

benzzz

I am out numbered in my house.wife and 2 daughters use apple products. I use android. Phone and galaxy 10 tab2.  Here is a note to share.  A couple weeks ago I plug in my tablet and go to bed. Same routine everyday. Leave in the morning and have phone and tablet in hand.  Go to use tablet and wont turn on ..  ?

Did some research on forums and looked at tablet carefully. Turns out i see the 30 pin connector to charge has a couple of black burnt looking pins which transferred to tablet.  I call Samsung Wed. Afternoon. They request serial and model and a couple pics of issue. I send it off and get a call Thursday that a brand new unit is being sent out today.  Wow !  Friday at lunch Purolator shows up with new tablet and takes old one back.... lets see Apple match that customer service... lol

My house has been quiet since about dads android ....  ;D

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Stay away from Blackberry, or at least I would get ready to adjust to something other then Blackberry. If you do not know why, I suggest you read up in the news about them.

I love my S2, I do not like the larger screen phones which is why I did not get the S3 when it came out. The iPhone screen is way to small IMHO. My wife and I like to watch shows and play games on them, so the larger screen is a huge plus. You really need to go to a store and play with a few, then go home and read up on the ones you liked and make a decision from there.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Duke, if you haven't used one of their new smartphones like the z10,q10 or z30 your old experience can't compare. They are late to the game but their product is excellent IMO. My wife has an iPhone5 that I use from time to time and I like my z10 better. I also own a fairly good android tablet so I have experience with android as well.

You also can't speculate on what is the future of blackberry. They have a large cash reserve and have scaled back operations. I think they will be around for quite a while but just not as large with as much market share. It's not the end of the world for them.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I currently have the iPhone 5 and am strongly considering the q10
My dad got it and I love the key board and it still has a large, wide touch screen, quite a nice phone actually

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Plus you get to support a good Canadian company with a good product.

The media/ opponent death calls is what has hurt BlackBerry the most and it's unnecessary.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
im ok with blackberry for just emails and texts.  and phone..use the ipad for apps and whatever else. .the keypads are what keeps me staying with blackberry.  as i get numberous emails and texts. while on the road.

Bfofre

SWYPE type for android  :) :D :) :D

No more key board required...

I was a huge pro blackberry guy, but they lost my business cause of inferior equipment..
Their email handling is still the best...But i don't hold much hope for their future with the emergence of Android and all it's support, apps, hardware etc.

I would never support APPLE, they've become irrelevant and outdated.  Also, I don't like the apple "jail" you are in to use or customize your products.
My family is all Android, and further to that...all Samsung.

However, the kids got Windows surface tablets for Christmas this year...and although i love my Tab3, these surface tabs are pretty nifty..
Back the original point...
I'd steer clear of anything APPLE until they get caught up with everyone else...if ever...
Windows phones are making a move for market share and are definitely going to be relevant.
However, the king of all is the Android devices...Too many to consider, but i stick with my Samsung (mostly out of familiarity now) and am looking forward to my upgrade in the next few weeks to the S5.

This device is said to have the best display of any phone released to date...along with superior battery life, charging speeds etc...