Aquavitro Salinity

Canadianeh

Well I am very happy with Salinity still, I find it to a great Salt. Its not cheap but I guess if you would be moving from Fauna Marin you are worried about it. Can I ask why you want to move from Fauna Marin.
because the number does not closely match to the manufacturer's specs

plus no one local sells it and I rather not deal with shipping fee and time

Canadianeh

I can't compare Salinity to anything else as this is the only salt I've used for over 5 years since day 1 of getting into this hobby. I wouldn't even consider changing from it as I have absolutely no complaints. I find it very stable bucket to bucket. My formula is exactly 2 cups per 5 gallons. This gives me a constant 1.025 every water change. Sometimes I'll premix a week in advance, other times the day before or even morning of doing a water change. I don't find a difference in either. Good luck!

where do you buy it and how much for what size? Thanks

Kjmsmith

I recommend MOPS - $134.99 for the 30kg pail which they say makes 225 gallons although I've never calculated this out based on my formula. BA's usually has the small bucket (15kg) in stock but can't recall their price off hand - I think it's apx $75, so the big bucket from MOPS is a great deal. I've also had no problems with storing it as long as the bucket stays properly sealed with the locked lid that comes with it.

Skim

I believe the problems people run into when storing is not the Salt it self but when New Salt Water is made and stored. Salinity should not be premixed and stored for future water changes. It should be used within 24 hrs. of being mixed.

Kjmsmith

I know a few years ago on this thread I swore I would never switch from Aquavitro Salinity after swearing by it for 5 years but a year or so ago MOPS stopped getting it in and so I tried a few other salts - H2Ocean and Blue Treasure. Whether related or not, my levels are now difficult to maintain fighting NO3 and Kh and overall reef quality is diminished. I also go through a ton more salt - the Aquavitro mixes at a much lower rate and I have been having to almost double the amount of mix with the other 2 brands Ive tried.
So I want to switch back to AV but not sure if anyone local to me (Niagara/Hamilton) area carries this, preferably in the 225g bucket. I think BA’s probably still gets the smaller buckets in but not sure so thought Id check here for suppliers first.
Thx!

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
I know a few years ago on this thread I swore I would never switch from Aquavitro Salinity after swearing by it for 5 years but a year or so ago MOPS stopped getting it in and so I tried a few other salts - H2Ocean and Blue Treasure. Whether related or not, my levels are now difficult to maintain fighting NO3 and Kh and overall reef quality is diminished. I also go through a ton more salt - the Aquavitro mixes at a much lower rate and I have been having to almost double the amount of mix with the other 2 brands Ive tried.
So I want to switch back to AV but not sure if anyone local to me (Niagara/Hamilton) area carries this, preferably in the 225g bucket. I think BA’s probably still gets the smaller buckets in but not sure so thought Id check here for suppliers first.
Thx!
Big Al's Hamilton should be able to get you the 225 gallon mix. Heck they might even be able to get you the 1050 gallon barrel. If you feel like making the drive to London I would get it for you.