Archery

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
My new toy
f55a396f28cd8d7ca3fa33232862964e.jpg

Always wanted one since I was a kid. Now to find a place locally that I can get some target practice in. All suggestions are welcome

Anyone else in around kw shoot bows? Maybe @scubasteve ;)

Sony Xperia Z3

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
My new toy
f55a396f28cd8d7ca3fa33232862964e.jpg

Always wanted one since I was a kid. Now to find a place locally that I can get some target practice in. All suggestions are welcome

Anyone else in around kw shoot bows? Maybe @scubasteve ;)

Sony Xperia Z3
that is sweet what is it a PSE ?

Unfortunatly this year the ministry changed the rules so now there is no public land anywhere in southern ontario that allows target shooting just hunting. unless you drive three hours to crown land that permits it your screwed unless you know someone outside the city limits.

Just another reason i hate our ontario government they are seriously attacking hunters rights. We will all laugh as coyotes keep eating peoples dogs lol.

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Crap! I was wondering if shooting on private property was allowed.

Guess I have to find a local indoor range. @scubasteve. Have you ever been to shooters choice in waterloo?

It's a redhead, essentially a diamond bow. Kronik XT. It's a good beginners bow. 40-65lbs draw weight and about 3.5lbs. I got it for a smoking deal. So I couldn't really pass it up.

I can see myself really getting into target shooting and maybe eventually try hunting (way down the road). I figure it's a good place to start.

Sony Xperia Z3

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Crap! I was wondering if shooting on private property was allowed.

Guess I have to find a local indoor range. @scubasteve. Have you ever been to shooters choice in waterloo?

It's a redhead, essentially a diamond bow. Kronik XT. It's a good beginners bow. 40-65lbs draw weight and about 3.5lbs. I got it for a smoking deal. So I couldn't really pass it up.

I can see myself really getting into target shooting and maybe eventually try hunting (way down the road). I figure it's a good place to start.

Sony Xperia Z3
you can shoot on any private land outside city limits as long as you have landowner permission.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
lmao ya im trying to find a place as well seems people are anti bow these days ive even offered to pay just to have a spot. 300+ $ a year for outdoorsmen clubs is a lil steep when i only shoot 4-5 times a year and dont plan on getting my pal and rifles till the boy is older.

10 years ago we were allowed in our backyard till some idiot complains and ruins it for the rest. sad thing is theres only 1 idiot shooting for every thousand yet everyone is against it. no wonder i wanna leave the city lol

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
lmao ya im trying to find a place as well seems people are anti bow these days ive even offered to pay just to have a spot. 300+ $ a year for outdoorsmen clubs is a lil steep when i only shoot 4-5 times a year and dont plan on getting my pal and rifles till the boy is older.

10 years ago we were allowed in our backyard till some idiot complains and ruins it for the rest. sad thing is theres only 1 idiot shooting for every thousand yet everyone is against it. no wonder i wanna leave the city lol
That's how it always is with most things. One moron ruins it for everyone else. And "everyone else" don't understand. So they just hate it.

I'll go check out that indoor range and let ya know. If you're interested.

I used to play paintball with a guy that we used to use his parents farm. I'll reach out to him and see. I'll keep in touch ;)

Sony Xperia Z3

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Pioneer Sportsman Club has a 3D archery Range

http://www.pioneersportsmenclub.com/archery.php

There are others in the Area too. (One near us... I just can't remember the name) Been awhile since I've used my Compound Bow.
Thanks. I'll have to check them out.

Shooters choice always comes up when I search. I emailed them, but no response yet.

Sony Xperia Z3

Sewerat

Super Active Member
I used to be a member at shooter choice. Nice spot 24/7 key card access with annual subscription. And great shooter support during store hours and by appointment with coaches. If you're looking to learn get in touch with chris priester for some lessons

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
I used to be a member at shooter choice. Nice spot 24/7 key card access with annual subscription. And great shooter support during store hours and by appointment with coaches. If you're looking to learn get in touch with chris priester for some lessons
Ya. I think they're going to be my best bet.

Just can't sign up yet. I used up all my allowance getting the bow

Sony Xperia Z3

Sewerat

Super Active Member
I'm pretty sure you can do shoots while the store is open for a few bucks an hour. Also another shop in London that has an indoor range I think it's only open during store hours. Some local gun ranges have archery lanes as well. Triggers and bows in burford

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
I'm pretty sure you can do shoots while the store is open for a few bucks an hour. Also another shop in London that has an indoor range I think it's only open during store hours. Some local gun ranges have archery lanes as well. Triggers and bows in burford
I was inquiring about their "pay as you play" in the email. But I haven't heard back from them.

I might just have to go in and see them.

Sony Xperia Z3