Barry's 120 Gallon Reef

S

Siderjan

More equipment updates. My 5 stage plus RODI unit finally came in from BRS.
0141-RODI.jpg

TDS into the DI canister. It normally sits around 6 or 7, but I had just turned it on.
0142-TDSIn.jpg

TDS out of the DI canister.
0143-TDSOut.jpg

Normally I set my jug in the sink while it is filling, but I was cleaning equipment and set the jug on the floor.....then forgot about it.....This is what happens. I won't tell Kim if you don't.
0151-Opps.jpg

After doing some meat shopping from a butcher in Port Dover that gives excellent package prices, I decided it was time to clean up under my tank and install the new sump that's been taking up space on the basement floor. After 4 hours, and mixing 20+ gallons of water, it's finished. I redid the plumbing to add a valve on one of the return lines to try and quiet it down, but the noise was worse so I opened it back up again. I'll play with it more later. I also separated the returns so I have 2 going into the sump instead of 1. Scrubbed all the equipment clean and re-installed it.
0144-NewSumpRunning.jpg

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Very nice. Got that same unit as you, on same day as you. Must have shipped have shipped together.

S

Siderjan

jerry_doucette link said:
Very nice. Got that same unit as you, on same day as you. Must have shipped have shipped together.

Does your di canister fill with water or no?  Mine doesn't.  Only has about an inch in the bottom of it.

F

Fraggle Rock

If you Loosen the canister a little bit while the system is running you can purge most the air out of it.

S

Siderjan

Fraggle Rock link said:
If you Loosen the canister a little bit while the system is running you can purge most the air out of it.

Thank you very much.  Worked like a charm and water is now coming out faster.  Too bad they don't tell you that in the instructions.

S

Siderjan

I should really keep this thread up to date so it doesn't take me hours to update everything.

I was given an anemone that looked like supreme hell.  I found out it went threw a power head.
0176-NewAnenome2.jpg

I finished my stand.
0187-FinishedStand1.jpg

0188-FinishedStand2.jpg

0189-NewStandFTS.jpg

Back when Christ was a baby, I ordered a 108 LED kit and it finally came in.
0190-DIYLEDs.jpg

How they are going to be laid out.  Blob did a better job of this, but I'm not a engineer....just a dumb window installer.
0191-LEDLayout.jpg

Trying out the spacing of the LEDs on my homemade heat sinks.
0192-DryFit1.jpg

0193-DryFit2.jpg

0194-DryFit3.jpg

Lastly the anemone that went threw the power head.
0196-AllBetter.jpg

S

Siderjan

Testing the colours of the LEDs.

Royal Blue - 54 LEDs.
0197-RBLED.jpg

10000K - 36 LEDs.
0198-10000KLED.jpg

4500K - 10 LEDs.
0199-4500KLED.jpg

Red - 4 LEDs.
0200-RedLED.jpg

420NM - 4 LEDs.
0201-420NMLED.jpg

Playing around with how I'm going to mount my Pots.
0202-Pot1.jpg

0203-Pot2.jpg

S

Siderjan

Wiring is all finished!!!  Video of their maiden voyage.
http://youtu.be/HsMh5Yc37rg

What my tank looks like under my old 36" 6 tube T5 fixture.
http://youtu.be/yExRONp1aM8

What my tank looks like under my new LED fixture.
http://youtu.be/GNAJhzaASEA

Some picture I took last night.

Hood open.
0207-HoodOpen.jpg

Stand, hood and tank.
0208-StandandTank.jpg

Full tank shot.
0209-FTS.jpg

Looking down the end of the tank.
0210-ETS.jpg

LEDs must be too bright for the new nem.
0211-PrimeRealEsate.jpg

Out of focus picture of my Nuclear Green Palys. Damn I need a better camera.
0212-NuclearGreenPalys.jpg

Neon Green Candy Cane forming 3 new mouths per head.
0213-CandyCane.jpg

S

Siderjan

Picked up a new Acan yesterday.  I'll take a better pictures when I find the camera as my work flip phone doesn't take that great of photos.

0216-NewAcan.jpg

S

Siderjan

My anemone is on the move.  Here's a couple photos I took last night of it.

0218-UpsideDown1.jpg

0219-UpsideDown2.jpg

Here it is this morning.  I'm hoping it keeps moving cause I really don't want it there.

0220-ThisMorning.jpg

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
You can bet it will keep moving... I've kept lots of Condy's over the years and most of them are constantly on the move, not just when unhappy like other species.  They also don't play nicely with most other 'nems (learned the hard way...a few times...) also had more than a few smaller Indo-Pacific fish learn the hard way that this Atlantic guy is a whole lot nastier than LTA's and BTA's.  Hopefully yours is a good citizen but you may find it is best kept with other Atlantic species (although strangely good with clowns which are Pacific...).

S

Siderjan

AdInfinitum link said:
You can bet it will keep moving... I've kept lots of Condy's over the years and most of them are constantly on the move, not just when unhappy like other species.  They also don't play nicely with most other 'nems (learned the hard way...a few times...) also had more than a few smaller Indo-Pacific fish learn the hard way that this Atlantic guy is a whole lot nastier than LTA's and BTA's.  Hopefully yours is a good citizen but you may find it is best kept with other Atlantic species (although strangely good with clowns which are Pacific...).

Thanks for the info.  I ended up giving it back to Lyle. It tried to eat me while I was cleaning the waving hands off the rocks and wasn't happy unless it was stinging every coral it was near.  So it had to go.

S

Siderjan

Picked up a new duncan that Braydon almost killed.  Spoiled little rich kids have no respect for living creatures.

0221-NewDuncan.jpg

Here it is a week later.

0222-DuncanOpen.jpg

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Mine looks like that when my house gets to 27, like today. haha. Getting central air asap.

S

Siderjan

jerry_doucette link said:
Mine looks like that when my house gets to 27, like today. haha. Getting central air asap.

My A/C cools it off, but not enough to make it livable.  (I hide in my basement) My tank has been running 80, so I have the hood and cabinet doors open.  It's now running 78.  I think I may need to break down and stop by Tigerdirect this weekend and pick up a couple fans for the hood....might as well hit them FS' while I'm in London.  ;)