Bean Bag Frags Display And System Build

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Looking for suggestions/concerns about stocking list.

There has been a request for bright pink fish: so I plan to get some nice bright pink Anthias probably 5-6.

I want to have a blonde naso incase bubble algae turns up.

1 of the hippo tang and 1 of the desjardini sailfin currently in tank will be staying.

For sandbed, I have a diamond goby now that is settling in nicely and making some caves.

I would like to add 2 leopard wrasse (love the look) and a hybrid cleaner wrasse (love interaction) , and another wrasse of some sort for flatworms control and such.

That is what I can think of for now.

Looking for suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Tang police alert ! TANG POLICE ALERT!

How big is that tank? A 4 ft 120? A naso and those other tangs is an awful lot of tangs in a tang that's only 4 feet long. I'd avoid the naso and the hippo and a sailfin in there. Maybe a kole tang or something else that stays small (6" and under)

I know that someone will say "I'll sell it when it gets too big..." But they are all going to get too big.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
It is actually less then 120 gallons as it's only 22" high.

oh I know they all will outgrow the tank at some point, but staring at 1.5-2" it should take some time to outgrow .

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
No tang police here. I am a repeat offender for tang over population. I think it is a perfect set up for those tangs. I would never suggest someone do more then that though, even though I have a few more. Go for Copperband of coarse, adds some bling to the tank with the glimmer off their body. Mated pair of manderines, and some other flashy random fish like a dotty back or royal gamma. Fish that pop ot now and then like a little surprise.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
No tang police here. I am a repeat offender for tang over population. I think it is a perfect set up for those tangs. I would never suggest someone do more then that though, even though I have a few more. Go for Copperband of coarse, adds some bling to the tank with the glimmer off their body. Mated pair of manderines, and some other flashy random fish like a dotty back or royal gamma. Fish that pop ot now and then like a little surprise.

Yes I plan to add a Copperband as well. Probably not mandarins unless my pod population gets outrageous.

I will be removing all fish from display except maybe gobies when I add a Copperband, I want it to settle in and not have to compete for food. I would love the Copperband to be king of tank and show everyone else who's boss :)

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
That copperband is huge. I wish mine was a nice size like that...oh ya, I added a CB a few days ago.

He showed the sailfins who was boss within first 15min.

He ate some mysis for lunch.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I wish mine would show my yellow tang whos boss lol.

Yea I have a yellow in my fragtank with some clowns. They can be nasty, that's why I stuck all 3 sailfins in display for now as I don't trust the yellow :(

It's funny seeing the sailfins flare up when Copperband swims by . They are still only 1/4-1/3 the size of Copperband.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Well my CB is now exploring and the yellow doesnt chase him near as much now, so hopefully all will be well, since i cant trap the yellow lol.
I badly want a sailfin, but i know my yellow would def kill it :(.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Sail fins are the nastiest fish I have ever owned.

Mine are cute for now. I will be removing 2 of them probably next weekend for sale, as well as one of the blue tangs. They are almost all eating to well, and I want there to be no competition for food. Being a new tank I don't want to have to overfeed just so Copperband can get some food. Once stocked I'll just be able to dump food in.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Mine killed 2 copperbands and kicked everyone's ass crept my naso. Do you think it's a little early for a CBB or can they go in new tanks?

It definitely isn't recommended. My reasoning is it eats mysis and I want it to be completely settled before I stock display. He will have seniority over new additions sort of thing. The number one reason Copperbands don't survive is because they stop eating by feeling out competed for food. They love to hunt for food so that is why established aquarium is recommended, I just ordered a large bottle of pods, so he will have some easier hunting soon ;)