Ben's Mixed Reef Tank

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Reef Hero link said:
[quote author=BIGSHOW link=topic=7503.msg78408#msg78408 date=1390827169]
Pretty sure that is the RR Nauti Spiral
Dave, go back and look at your post #973.... It's that monti.... Perhaps a Danae species? Danae sounds sooo familiar.... In your post #974 is the nauti spiral. I never got my rr nauti spiral from you but mine does look the same as most I see here locally. Your nauti spiral looks much more like a undata or Confusa IMO.... Mine kinda looks more like a foliosa species...let me know your thoughts Dave... It's appreciated!
[/quote]

I did have a danae at one point.  It was a purplish base with blue polyps.  The RR Nauti Spiral I have had for your years and it came from Reef Raft.  You can see a good photo of the colony on my website. 

Sorry not sure how to go back and check the post numbers you are referring too.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
BIGSHOW link said:
[quote author=Reef Hero link=topic=7503.msg78463#msg78463 date=1390849129]
Dave, go back and look at your post #973.... It's that monti.... Perhaps a Danae species? Danae sounds sooo familiar.... In your post #974 is the nauti spiral. I never got my rr nauti spiral from you but mine does look the same as most I see here locally. Your nauti spiral looks much more like a undata or Confusa IMO.... Mine kinda looks more like a foliosa species...let me know your thoughts Dave... It's appreciated!
[/quote]

I did have a danae at one point.  It was a purplish base with blue polyps.  The RR Nauti Spiral I have had for your years and it came from Reef Raft.  You can see a good photo of the colony on my website. 

[/quote]

Hey Dave,

I just want to make sure that you know I am not trying to knock your RR Nauti Spiral at all..... I have seen yours and it looks sweet! In fact, I now know it looks identical to the $160 one from SC....lol... Oh and theirs looks nothing like the one they sell or any that I have ever seen in person haha....but go figure eh....that's a whole other topic....

Check out this link and look at the posts I am referring to..... Should be some pics of the monti there in post #973.

http://www.thefragtank.ca/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1592;area=showposts;start=960

Oh and btw, your next post is #1000!!!! :) make it a good one..... No pressure tho ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:
some really nice stuff Ben......good work buddy.

Thanks Darryl! It's been a long, but rewarding journey :)
Thanks for all the sweet frags!! I can say that I have yet to kill anything of your lineage lol.... Tyree PM came close but looks like what I have left is pulling through. I actually fragged 1/3 of the PM I got from you in London for glen and he said his is slow but doing ok too.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Reef Hero link said:
[quote author=BIGSHOW link=topic=7503.msg78465#msg78465 date=1390851736]
[quote author=Reef Hero link=topic=7503.msg78463#msg78463 date=1390849129]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey Dave,

I just want to make sure that you know I am not trying to knock your RR Nauti Spiral at all..... I have seen yours and it looks sweet! In fact, I now know it looks identical to the $160 one from SC....lol... Oh and theirs looks nothing like the one they sell or any that I have ever seen in person haha....but go figure eh....that's a whole other topic....

Check out this link and look at the posts I am referring to..... Should be some pics of the monti there in post #973.

http://www.thefragtank.ca/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1592;area=showposts;start=960

Oh and btw, your next post is #1000!!!! :) make it a good one..... No pressure tho ;)

[/quote]

Not at all buddy.  I know how some corals turn out in other peoples tanks.  I have seen my Nauti spiral go from orange to brown back to orange, from pretty smooth to having lots if the bumps on it.  The one in the post 975 was the one I was referring to as the Danae.

Post 1000 damn, it better be good :)

I shouldn't of said orange ...more like a light brown :)

Bfofre

Hey ReefHero, I love this setup... Feel free to come on down to Windsor and set me up...  Just like this  :)    is that asking a lot?  Lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Bfofre link said:
Hey ReefHero, I love this setup... Feel free to come on down to Windsor and set me up...  Just like this  :)    is that asking a lot?  Lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Thanks! Feel free to emulate..... :)
I need all my free time to learn this whole photography thing... ;)

Bayinaung link said:
wow awesome tank! can't believe that's 75. looks way bigger. like a 150. Nice camera work too.

Thank you!
Yeah things are really starting to fill in..... Can't complain :)
Wish I had a 150....

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Awesome to look through this. Great build. Thanks for the Rainbow at "Fragmeet"

@Aj_Tsin
Thanks. It has been a long rewarding journey! Good luck with the Vivids Rainbow Delight Acro..... It likes pretty high par under my t5 ati lighting.
I have seen some of your RR frags you posted up on R2R....very nice looking! Hopefully they grow out for you and put me on the list for a frag of your Avengers! :)