BRS Group Buy - October 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
spyd link said:
Just received the group buy email now.

same...
on my order works out to about 25$ ... so thats not bad atal for already low priced stuff :)

but i see the skimmer i was planning on ordering is out of stock :(

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Brandon....normally when theres group buys.  Lots of stuff is out of stock.  So they want yu to buy a diff brand.  Then yu buy it then on friday. That part is in stock ..it has happened to me.    I think it happened to a few memebers in here  ..example everyone wanted gfo. And it said out of stock. So some members bought the high cap gfo ..then on the friday. The gfo came in stock

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
be9u8yje.jpg
High cap was out of stock until today. Updated my cart with the high cap. All my stuff was in stock this time.  ;D

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Petercar link said:
Brandon....normally when theres group buys.  Lots of stuff is out of stock.  So they want yu to buy a diff brand.  Then yu buy it then on friday. That part is in stock ..it has happened to me.    I think it happened to a few memebers in here  ..example everyone wanted gfo. And it said out of stock. So some members bought the high cap gfo ..then on the friday. The gfo came in stock

hmm i should order right NOW then. :/

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Also saw this in one of my emails...

If someone missed the original signup:they are free to sign up at any time before the group buy ends.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

J

jones02

I never used there gfo before... Should I go with high cap or the other?

spyd

Super Active Member
It doesn't really matter which one you use. The high cap gernerally lasts twice as long and thus, you don't need as much in your reactor. If you have a small reactor then high cap GFO for sure. If you have a decent sized reactor then you can just use the regular GFO.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
same experience here, they said out of stock on GFO so I purchased a different product(High Cap), but after emailing them, they changed my order to what I had wanted in the first place, the guy said sometimes the website thinks we run out.. but we never run out..

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Anyone else getting the run around with UPS? My order was supposed to be delivered today before 7:00pm, it left Windsor at 5:00pm, I just called to see where it is as it is 8:00pm, and they said it is going to Toronto first, then might be delivered tomorrow.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I believe everything goes to a hub in Toronto/Mississauga no matter where it comes from. Could have been sorted in Windsor and the sorted again in TO.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Crap!  Put everything in the shopping cart on sunday...hoping for the $5 off e-mail, and missed out!!! 

Let me know when we're doing the Nov group buy, I'm running low on everything. :(

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Re: Re: BRS Group Buy - October 2012

jerry_doucette link said:
I believe everything goes to a hub in Toronto/Mississauga no matter where it comes from. Could have been sorted in Windsor and the sorted again in TO.

I understand that part, although I think it is crazy to go from Windsor to Toronto, then back again, what I am pissed about is that the have been saying that it was supposed to be delivered today, the sure still says today, yet I do not have a package today.

J

jones02

It would say on delivery if it was coming to you today would it not? It says that on my ups ap on my phone?  And salty I missed a few things and would also want to put an order in again, if no group by we should split shipping and get ares together.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
jones02 link said:
It would say on delivery if it was coming to you today would it not? It says that on my ups ap on my phone?  And salty I missed a few things and would also want to put an order in again, if no group by we should split shipping and get ares together.

Sounds good, I'm good for a couple of weeks, maybe 3, but then I'll be out of calcium (and that's not good!). If we can't get a group buy going I'll let you know when I'm popping the order in.  Teebone may need something too by then, who knows :)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Re: Re: BRS Group Buy - October 2012

jones02 link said:
It would say on delivery if it was coming to you today would it not? It says that on my ups ap on my phone? 

I thought it was supposed to say that as well, however the scheduled delivery states today and that it was on time. Even now that it has been scanned at Concord, it still states that the delivery is on time for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.