Bulk Reef Supply Shipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanHurst

Hey ordered my new lights from Bulk Reef supply. I was excited to see how fast they would come, I ordered monday at 230pm and they were here today at 1pm in the states. Went and picked them up and.....

All 8 lights broken...

$210 later and $25 duty... wondering if anyones had returns with this company and lets see how well they do??

Cheers

Blob-79

Super Active Member
that really sucks. Ive ordered bulbs from them before with no issues.

Send them an email, im sure they'll take care of it

spyd

Super Active Member
Send them the pic and they will send you new ones without shipping the old ones back. They have excellent customer service. Bulbs are always a tricky one to ship. Heck, I have even had broken ones just from picking them up at the LFS from when they get them shipped in...

Seggsy

I had a broken one from them once - since my initial order was to the US, they wouldn't ship the new one to Canada (makes sense), but they included it in a shipment that crazybizzle was getting into Canada at no cost.  Service was very good.

B

baker.shawn

BRS always does a great job packing, im sure UPS just screwed up, try and get a hold of brandon at there customer service hes great, ive had to deal with him a couple times when ive receved dry pH probes and hes always got me replacements in the mail that day

be carefull of all the mercury in those lamps!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
There's no question BRS is tops in customer service.  That's why I use them for almost everything in the tank except salt and livestock.  I'm sure they'll make it right.

You just know the guy that broke that box knew he did it too.  Imagine the popping/crunching sound from that many bulbs busting at once.  Bastards. 

JordanHurst

Well went and picked up my new 5 stage Ro/di system today I bought on the same day, no issues just hooked up and running.

About the bulbs... I talked to Brandon; He assured me that due to the fact I used a Port Huron Shipping Depot that they are considered a third party and Bulk Reef Supply is not responsible for the damaged items and not able to do anything. After further bitching, I returned the package to the shipping Depot today and Email Brandon back as he is going to contact UPS about the items being broken. We will see how this goes... he said he seriously doubts UPS will cover the cost of these items as they were not direct shipped to Canada.

Wish me luck, $240 worth of bulbs and $30 duty, 4 hours on the bridge and a dissapointing night...

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
JordanHurst link said:
Well went and picked up my new 5 stage Ro/di system today I bought on the same day, no issues just hooked up and running.

About the bulbs... I talked to Brandon; He assured me that due to the fact I used a Port Huron Shipping Depot that they are considered a third party and Bulk Reef Supply is not responsible for the damaged items and not able to do anything. After further bitching, I returned the package to the shipping Depot today and Email Brandon back as he is going to contact UPS about the items being broken. We will see how this goes... he said he seriously doubts UPS will cover the cost of these items as they were not direct shipped to Canada.

Wish me luck, $240 worth of bulbs and $30 duty, 4 hours on the bridge and a dissapointing night...

Sorry man that sucks.... I get everything shipped states side to a "third party" package depot. Let us know the outcome.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Wow....never thought of that aspect.  In that case its better to get easily broken items HOLD FOR PICKUP at the UPS place.

I have donet that (hold for pickup at UPS) in Port Huron with T5's before.....it was still like 5 bucks a box.  It has to be shipped by UPS though. 

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Brs dosnt wanna get stuck with the cost of replacements.  So they. Blame it on ups and ups blames it on the parcel pickup store ...but we do know that ups broke them  ..yu ever watch them load. Trucks and vans and again at the end store

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Well actually if they go to a parcel pickup you dont know UPS broke them......it could very well have been the parcel pickup place.  I can see how this would be problematic....though no fault of BRS or the customer. 

Im sure if it went to UPS for pickup it would have been covered by UPS.

Who knows you still might get this covered......hopefully.

JordanHurst

Yea I understand BRS aspect of it, but really I spoke with the place I had it shipped to and it arrived at 10:30 am and I picked it up at 12:30pm. It was sitting  rate there with the other box in the shipment. Its obvious some serious damage occurred during shipping. It actually looks like the box was stepped on or something heavy was leaned against it, overall the package looked great.. until I herd the broken glass opening it.
BRS pays UPS to deliver after $175 dollar orders, they should be more concerned about making contact with UPS when an item is reported damaged. I called BRS and talked to Brandon, he said he would call as soon as I returned the item to where it was shipped. After not being able to get ahold of him directly I filed a broken package claim with UPS myself.. Little upset with how rate away they just kinda told me to eat the cost..? I dono I figured in a $600 order if $210 of it gets smashed you would look into it before just telling the customer to ""eat the cost"

Ill give them 5 stars for sure if they actually do something.. but just everyone be aware... broken package through a parcel pickup in porthuron.. pain in the ass if something goes wrong

Cheers

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I get everything shipped ups right to my door...no issue if items are broken.  What is the benefit of shipping to the states and picking it up?  Free shipping?  UPS is a shitshow company, but BRS pays all the brokerage fees, and I've had literally 20 shipments from them right to the front door, and I know for sure I would have shaken the box the bulbs were in to see if they 'jingled'. 

I'm missing out on the why of shipping to the states and picking it up. 

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
no tax if you can get it across the border which isnt hard to do ... I declared 600 bucks worth of leds and supplies and never had to pay.  No brokerage fees... Free shipping....
It costs me 11 bucks to get a package from brs.  3 for bridge toll x 2  and 5 bucks for the parcel guy.
it crazy how much of a difference it makes shipping it over a line sometimes... and usually the larger the package the bigger the diffference.

JordanHurst

Maybe Ill call UPS next time and see if i can pick up from them directly in porthuron.. Not sure we will see how this works out monday! For now wisdom teeth got yanked I'm sleeping all weekend!!
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.