Bulk Reef Supply Shipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanHurst

Salty Cracker link said:
I get everything shipped ups right to my door...no issue if items are broken.  What is the benefit of shipping to the states and picking it up?  Free shipping?  UPS is a shitshow company, but BRS pays all the brokerage fees, and I've had literally 20 shipments from them right to the front door, and I know for sure I would have shaken the box the bulbs were in to see if they 'jingled'. 

I'm missing out on the why of shipping to the states and picking it up.

Funny you say that. I opened package at the place shook it inspected it and it looked perfectly normal only thing i didn't do was pull out a bulb as they were secured so tight together; actually said to my buddy "wow these are packed up real nice".
Its clear now the box got "bent" something sat onto of it or leaned against it and bent the bulbs there were not dents in the package just a slight wrinkle mark and then the same marks on each bulb!!
I got home and didn't see any broken glass until I opened the first bulb and half came out. I was amazed after unpacking each bulb and repacking into same shipment box you couldn't hear any jingling at all.. It was well packed bubbled wrapped both ends and in the middle and then put into cardboard tube and then in a box..

It was a shocker... but yea we will see.. I got my fingers crossed that UPS insurance will pick up the cost of the bulbs..
Sad to say but its put on my VISA card.. awaiting a $230 payment that well was broken glasss. not even paid for and already loosing.... hahah stupid situation

JordanHurst

I thought of that.. one issue the order total was $398.. total the bulbs were worth $210?  How would that work?

Just call and say I received a busted product and they won't insure it... don't give them $210 of the $398?

lol.. hmm I hope it can just be worked out with so I can contribute to BRS service I buy tons from there and pretty upset after spending over $1000 bucks this is a HUGE deal to them to just assume no we will not cover it

Cheers guys

Thanks for all the input!!

davesolo29

Super Active Member
no.. it doesnt work that way.  visa wont cancel a payment due to something damaged.  but, they usually offer insurance coverage on your spending.  call them and tell them your order was damaged and you want to file a claim. 

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=davesolo29 link=topic=2542.msg20326#msg20326 date=1336187621]
visa has insurance also..  if brs or ups or the third party dont step up, contact visa direct.
Smart thinking!
[/quote]
Darryl,  the best part is, i have never had VISA, but i sure do see enough TV ads.  lol.

JordanHurst

davesolo29 link said:
no.. it doesnt work that way.  visa wont cancel a payment due to something damaged.  but, they usually offer insurance coverage on your spending.  call them and tell them your order was damaged and you want to file a claim.

Ill see what I can do:)
Cheers

JordanHurst

BRS sent out the new bulbs and they all came in one piece!! As for the RO Di system. It was the TDS meter was off calibration. Making good water now!

Thanks BRS

JordanHurst

Yea the standard one BRS sells. They just replaced it with a new one. I am currently trying to recalibrate the old one with a new solution and compare it, see if I can get it working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.